• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Spot on flea treatment

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Just used one on Bear and Alice as I swear I saw something crawling around on Alice and can see something in her fur that looks like flea dirt :(
I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of them licking it off though as soon as I've applied it they have started grooming it off and grooming each other, I've tried to distract them but there's no stopping them!
Is it ok for them to lick some off?

Just used one on Bear and Alice as I swear I saw something crawling around on Alice and can see something in her fur that looks like flea dirt :(
I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of them licking it off though as soon as I've applied it they have started grooming it off and grooming each other, I've tried to distract them but there's no stopping them!
Is it ok for them to lick some off?

Have you used the one for rabbits?
I certainly try to put it on my cats necks where they can't reach.

Yeah it's the 1 for rabbits, they seem to be able to get to it no matter where I put it!
It's on the back if their neck but they can get the wet fur in their mouth and are scratching it with there feet then licking their feet!

When I've had to treat my rabbits I've fed them straight after so they're distracted while it soaks in. I'm sure mine licked a bit off each other and they didn't come to harm but obviously its best to avoid if you can!

Yeah it's the 1 for rabbits, they seem to be able to get to it no matter where I put it!
It's on the back if their neck but they can get the wet fur in their mouth and are scratching it with there feet then licking their feet!

That's rabbits for you! :lol:
You can only do your best.

Back