• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She Just Lunged at Me

Cari

Warren Veteran
:cry:

Never done it before. I tried draining her abcess and as I walked past her after she flat out refused to let me do it for lunged at me and made the most dreadful noise. :cry: every time I try and touch her she makes this noise now and she's hiding in their castle and won't come out.

I've got to put her in a carrier and take her to the vets shortly. :( she hates me.

**hugs** she doesn't hate you, she's just grumpy and holding a bit of a grudge. Rabbits do that! Buckley hates me regularly. She'll come round :)

Is the vet going to prescribe a course of depocillin so you can kick this abscess in the nards?

Don't know :( it's what I've asked for. It needs draining again though it's just awful. It's almost the size of a golf ball.

Bless her, she doesn't hate you, she's probably in a lot of pain though which is what is causing her to react like that. When you go to the vets as well as a change in regime by I would make sure you are given decent pain relief - metacam is more akin to paracetamol than opiates so it might not be enough for severe pain especially at lower doses. I had a little abscess last year and it was excruciatingly painful, I almost whacked the doctor involuntarily when she went anywhere near it because it was so incredibly painful even though it only looked like a tiny little thing. It doesn't mean I hate the doctor, just that it's sore and I bet your little one is the same.

Good luck x x

20130625_153323_zps9fbcf65b.jpg

I mean look at it :( and that's just the front, it's all down the right hand side of her jaw too.

IMG_20130625_154710_zps369d173f.jpg

You can see it sticking out here too.

Oh Cari, she doesn't hate you.

She's just hurting :(

Poor little love. Hopefully the vets move her onto dopacillin! I remember having to inject Lola for 2 months but it got rid of her tooth root abscess.

Are you taking her to see Maria at Manor vets?
She's obviously in a lot of pain and it is bound to be 'getting her down' - it certainly would me.

Take it from me pain when it crosses a certain point can make anything grumpy, bad tempered and well bitey. I caould always tell when Teasels pain releif for arthritis had worn off as she turned from happy Dr Jeckyl to bitey lung Mr Hyde.

Push your vet for some decent rabbit analgesia so you can treat her without causing her stress from extra pain of having that nasty looking abcess cleaned. Poor bun.

I will leave the advice on abcesses to those who have more experinced in dealing with the dratted things.

I've not been able to drive to Edgbaston, don't have the money for petrol until Thursday and it's ballooned in size overnight and felt she needed seeing today. Unfortunately I can't take advantage of the free offer to see Marie as I can't get there before the end of the month. Been yo see nice vet at our vets.

Depocillin, Bio Lapis and an anti inflammatory. :( poor darling.

I've not been able to drive to Edgbaston, don't have the money for petrol until Thursday and it's ballooned in size overnight and felt she needed seeing today. Unfortunately I can't take advantage of the free offer to see Marie as I can't get there before the end of the month. Been yo see nice vet at our vets.

Depocillin, Bio Lapis and an anti inflammatory. :( poor darling.

Fingers crossed you can get on top of it now. You both deserve some big hugs and nice treats!

For what it's worth I don't believe they're capable of hate. She was just doing it because she was in pain as others have said.
Hops she's feeling better soon.

Back