• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water Bottles

BellaBunnies

Young Bun
The usual cheap classic ones I have are a pain!

One this morning wasn't working so my poor girl had been without a drink all night :(

Are there any decent ones out there that you could recommend?

Thanks in advance :D

The usual cheap classic ones I have are a pain!

One this morning wasn't working so my poor girl had been without a drink all night :(

Are there any decent ones out there that you could recommend?

Thanks in advance :D

I have a bottle, and then a cup attached to PMs 'base' so he can choose which to drink from. 99% of the time he choose the cup. I just fixed it on with cable ties so he cant knock it over, just an old yoghurt pot or something but does the job well.

I have those classic ones, but I always use 2 in case one fails. I'd do that regardless of the type of bowl/bottle but then I'm paranoid about things going wrong :oops: having said that I've always used them and not had any problems with them

They have heavy ceramic bowls in their runs but in the hutches they like to fill bowls with hay as soon as my back is turned :roll: :lol:

Neither of my two like normal bottles so they have a ceramic bowl for water, and then one of these for if they soil the bowl.
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/small-animal-sippy-bottle-by-ferplast-33669

They both like this type of bottle better than the standard type. The 'spout' stands further away from the bars so they can drink easier, and the water comes out with less effort for some reason although they don't leak at all. You need meld to attach it too though rather than wire.

:D

I have a glass water bottle from P@H. Fairly expensive but worth the money. Its non drip and has always worked for us :)

I've given up with bottles, as they keep scaling up and then the ball won't roll at the bottom! I now use a big dog bowl - it can't be knocked over and bun can get plenty of water all the time. It's also a lot easier to clean and I change it every day. Only downside is that sometimes bun steps in it - still it helps him wash his feet clean!

I have always used those Classic water bottles, moreso with guinea pigs as my buns always have a bowl as well as a bottle, but in the last 8/9 months I have noticed a lot of my NEW Classic bottles failing. The same at the rescue I volunteer at too.. I think the quality has changed somehow :?

I can't recommend these enough.
As natural and easy to drink out of as a bowl for the rabbits but convenient and easy to keep clean like a bottle for us.

52042_kerbl_kaninchentraenk_1.jpg

I use these ezi-filla bottles from john hopewell

A bit expensive but they never leak and are great to fill when you have a lot of bunnies as you leave them on the hutches and just fill from the top with a watering can.

http://www.johnhopewell.co.uk/default.asp?template=productdetail.page.xml&productId=22

default.asp

I have these as well but mine do leak so I've hung them over the litter trays & one got so bad I had to throw it away & replace it with a cheap classic that doesn't leak

Back