• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Un-neutered male head scenting everything,

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
Had Stanley nearly 2 weeks, hes about 3months old and as yet has no plums.

He is indoor and my 2 outdoor ones come in when hes confined and he goes out when they are confined.

This weekend hes really ramped up the scenting lark. Is it a sign of him maturing? theres still nothing to see when I bum check.

When he goes on the patio he headrubs everything and him and Ozzie head rub each other through the bars but show no aggression.

As in rubbing his chin on everything? I just hear Kat from Red Dwarf whenever mine do that "this is mine, this is mine....". My two boys are neutered and do it to odd things, the coffee table and my shoes that are in the hall. One will go along and do it, then the other will come along and copy them. Then Pooka goes and claims the litter trays....so I'm not really sure how much it has to do with hormones, I mostly just think it's because they like to think they own everything :lol:

Recently bonding Marley and Freya in the bathroom and Marley is neutered. He's claimed the corner of the bath, the pipes behind the sink, the trainers, Freya's head, the toilet pipe, the radiators and the skirting board of the bath at various points :lol: poor Freya can't go anywhere without smelling him!

Sorrell does this to his wife's ears :lol: "you are my wifey and your earsies shall smell of meeeeee" :roll:

I just assumed bunnies of all ages did this? But then I've only ever really had more mature buns (apart from 3 babies over the years)

My 3 all do is in the garden I have a pair and a single all boys all neutered, hope to be a trio when I'm brave e ought to give bonding a go.

Tree mine, your run mine my run mine, table leg, chair, step its so cute to watch.

My bridge bun Thumper couldn't be neutered but didn't spray.
He chin scented everything imaginable including his food. As of I was going to steal it :lol:
As said before it's just an ownership thing.

Did you know that even adult bucks can draw their testicles up inside? We know they've come down when the sac develops.;)

Right thanks, so I reckon my original neutered male, Ozzie maybe just isn't that fussed where as Stanley who is currently chinning my slippers as I type is a 'mine all mine' kinda rabbit. He even does it to the cats:shock: they aren't impressed:lol:

My neutered 9 year old boy does it to absolutely everything!
If someone new comes over he'll do it all over them and their belongings.
Oh and he loves to rub his chin all over the hamsters cages :lol:

Right thanks, so I reckon my original neutered male, Ozzie maybe just isn't that fussed where as Stanley who is currently chinning my slippers as I type is a 'mine all mine' kinda rabbit. He even does it to the cats:shock: they aren't impressed:lol:

:lol::lol:

Radish is a spayed female and she loves to claim everything. I also hear Cat from Red Dwarf in my head when she does it.

My Stevie boy is a chinner too, he claims me when I sit down, their castle, door frames, socks, the laundry basket... :roll: pretty much everything.

Back