• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best normal (meadow etc) pet shop hays?

nessar

Warren Veteran
I can no longer buy Hay for Pets hay, as I am not in at all during the week now and there is no way of me collecting it from anywhere either as I don't drive.

So I need hay that I can buy in pet shops! Preferably good quality hay, a normal one like meadow or another 'golden' hay, as opposed to green ones, as I already have a couple of green ones that the buns like (Alfalfa King Timothy and Burns Green Oat).

I'd also rather not pay Oxbow prices - £5 for 500g is a bit ridiculous!

Any suggestions? And if possible, if you get it from a branded shop, where you get the hay from?

Mine love Natures own Devon meadow hay. It's long stranded and stalky like h4p hay.

You can get in the range if you have one. It's about a £3.oo for 3.5kg.

I don't think I can get to the Range, I don't drive :(

Any others? Really need to find a good one as Barney isn't eating properly :(

I don't think I can get to the Range, I don't drive :(

Any others? Really need to find a good one as Barney isn't eating properly :(

Aww no :(

Pete gives thumbs ( do buns have thumbs?!) Up for Wilkos timothy hay, and has tried the meadow hay but wasn't quite so keen

When I buy hay for pets I put a note on the order to leave it on my doorstep and they always do. Would this be ok for you?

Where are you? If you are local to me and wanted it delivered here I could drop it over the evening it arrives. I'm in Woodley, Berks. It's such lovely hay and good value, seems a pity...

I had the hay from The Range but now get it from Asda! My bunnies love it! Make sure it's a decent sized Asda though else they may not stock it. It is quite cheap too :thumb:

Back