• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thoughts for a peaceful passing please

MichG

Mama Doe
I know I haven't been around for a while. It has been a tough couple of months as I have separated from my husband.
My darling girl Daisy is going to be put to sleep tomorrow. I think I have made the right decision.

This is her story. She was a pets at home bunny, some of you know I work at the vets there, she came in with recurring stasis and diarrhoea. The vets wanted to pts, but I took her on and gave her a shot at life. It soon became apparent that she was a special needs bun, she has idiopathic epilepsy and has a lot of absence seizures as well as dysautonomia (neurological problem that affects the guts), she is also a dental bun. At first we were getting 12 weeks between dentals but now it has become 4-6. Each time she needs a dental she loses more weight and is now skin and bone. She is still lively and eating. Her seizures are getting more and more frequent. The vets and I discussed it today and have decided not to put her through another dental as her body is not having enough time to recover between and she never puts the weight back on and it is so stressful for her with her epilepsy, and it takes her guts a few days to right themselves again after anaesthetic. I am devastated to be losing my little girl, but I would rather she went with some quality of life still left, she might have another couple of months left in her but I fear she will just go further down hill. She is only 20 months old :cry:

This is not a decision I have taken lightly, I just feel her QOL is slipping away. Please can we have some peaceful passing vibes?

Oh I'm so sorry, that's so sad :cry: sending loads of calm peaceful vibes Daisy's way, and will be thinking of you xxx

You have made a very selfless decision

I will light a special candle for Daisy tomorrow

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))) xx

:( I am so sorry you have been going through such a tough time.

Very sorry about Daisy. Sending you and Daisy vibes for a peaceful passing for her tomorrow. Hugs. xxx

What a hard decision to make but you can know that you are doing the right and best thing for her xxxx will be thinking of you . X

Thank you so much everyone. This is by far the toughest decision I have ever had to make. I am going to miss her like crazy. I love her so much. Your thoughts and vibes mean so much to me, feeling very alone right now x

Sending vibes and prayers for a peaceful journey to the Bridge for Daisy (((((((((vibes))))))))
I am so sorry you've had to make this decision, but how brave and loving of you. Will be thinking of you and sending ((((((((hugs)))))))) through today and tomorrow. xxxx

So sorry to hear this. :( I will be thinking of you and I'm only at the other end of the phone if you need a chat.

sending peaceful passing vibes for your special girl. such a heartbreaking decision to make. sending you a massive hugs xxx

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Such a brave and selfless decision, but clearly one made out of total love and understanding for what is best for Daisy.

Sending positive thoughts x

Back