• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My crazy hormones put to good use

Right. That is IT. There is a children's playhouse on my patio housing 2 bikes and a scooter. There are 2 bunnies in a hutch the other side.

The bikes and scooter will not fit in a hutch, but the bunnies will most certainly be better in the playhouse.

It is dry today. I have deliberated all sorts of better housing alternatives and cannot make them "work".

I am hormonal and feeling like I need to take this out on something. I also have nothing else planned today. I am going out there to DO THIS THING!

My ONLY issue is that the playhouse is slightly damp in one corner and needs a bit more attention. I am thinking of putting one of my Trixie metal runs around on the inside of the playhouse (to also stop the bunnies chewing it) - does this sound ok, for now? And should I dismantle their hutch and rebuild it inside or are they better just in the playhouse?

Jenny

Sounds like a plan! :thumb:

How about you take some pics and we can help with the layout? I don't think you need the hutch in there TBH, unless you want extra levels for them?

:wave:

If that was me and my hormones it would probably end up as fire wood! :lol::shock:

I am not sure it did my hormones any good, actually :roll: Ended up trapped in playhouse with suspected broken toe, wedged in by double storey hutch. Couldn't escape through windows because I had fox proofed them so well :shock:

If neighbours didn't think I was some mad old rabbit woman they will now ;) And I won't tell hubby he is right about these things, you can measure a gap but sometimes it is about the turning circle (never was good at physics and maths!!)

But, I have taken apart my indoor cage (had girls inside after their spay) and used the wire to screw to inside of windows.

Cleaned it, hoovered all the cobwebs.

Put trixie run around inside to stop them chewing at the wood (for now); left "gate" part across the door so that I can come in and out without escapees.

I have built a little brick built food station - using bricks to cover the damp corner and placing the plastic raised food station from my indoor hutch on to it.

I have put their runaround tunnel in and a couple of plastic storage boxes, which I am going to fill with hay for bed areas.

Anything else I haven't thought of in the short term? Have taken pics but will upload after school run later...

Only thing is, it doesn't look "cosy", so I need to work on this, perhaps adding a level up and putting a plastic dog bed on it with some blankets.

I have put a HUGE hook and latch lock across the door which can be padlocked at night to further deter any unwanted visitors.

Oooh i'd love to see some pics of all your hard work :D sorry about your toe though *ouchie*

Put them under "Housing", but here they are:

1000044_589777017733546_50060235_n.jpg

1044177_589776457733602_972233324_n.jpg

11471_589776041066977_1011754826_n.jpg

1002802_589775847733663_1492288874_n.jpg

The girls seem to have settled well, will update with "in situ" photos in the morning...

Back