• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please! Rabbit fight! Vet?

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
So I woke up to lots of noise from the rabbit room, Humbug had managed to get into Dylan and Spice's pen and he was fighting with Dylan.. I managed to separate them and get Humbug back into his pen.

He laid down, breathing really heavily but is now munching hay

Spice has a little cut on the tip of her ear but otherwise seems fine.

Dylan is laid in the litter tray, breathing really heavily and not moving..

Does he just need to calm down or should I take him to the vet? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I don't know whether taking him to the vet would make him more stressed and if he just needs to calm down a bit :?

I've checked Humbug and Dylan over as best I can and I can't find any cuts or anything but I don't know what to do..

I'm such a bad bunny mum :cry:

So I woke up to lots of noise from the rabbit room, Humbug had managed to get into Dylan and Spice's pen and he was fighting with Dylan.. I managed to separate them and get Humbug back into his pen.

He laid down, breathing really heavily but is now munching hay

Spice has a little cut on the tip of her ear but otherwise seems fine.

Dylan is laid in the litter tray, breathing really heavily and not moving..

Does he just need to calm down or should I take him to the vet? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I don't know whether taking him to the vet would make him more stressed and if he just needs to calm down a bit :?

I've checked Humbug and Dylan over as best I can and I can't find any cuts or anything but I don't know what to do..

I'm such a bad bunny mum :cry:

if it was me I would keep him quiet and see if he perks up . keep him warm in case he goes into shock and keep checking .
A vet visit may make things worse

saying that if he hasn't perked up in an hour id be ringing vet for advice and if he gets worse id be there like a shot .

Yeah that's what I was thinking..

He's sat up now and is breathing a lot less heavy so just keeping an eye on him now, I don't think there's any chance of him getting cold, fluffy Spice is practically sat on him and made it very hard for me to check him over

Times like these I don't think I deserve rabbits :( I've tried so hard to make sure they can't get at each other but just not good enough :(

I agree with bunnymadhouse, I would leave him and let Spice comfort him :) and then give him a little of your own tlc in an hour or so. I'm sure he will perk up but if not phone the vet for advice.

You're not a bad bunny mummy we all know that buns have the best Houdini skills and most determined minds of any animal.... Don't beat yourself up you just need to try and outwit Dylan again!!

Thanks, I've cleaned and disinfected Dylan's pen just incase he isn't coming out of the litter tray because he can still smell Humbug..

Ii just hope this hasn't ruined their confidence! Especially Spice, she was starting to trust me a lot more :(

Awwww dont blame yourself, when I had a pair and single in the same room they were always getting into each others enclosures despite me spending a fortune trying to make them secure. I woke up one morning with peter in the wrong pen being groomed by the wrong girly bun.

I am sure they will be fine once they have calmed down and all will be forgotten in a few hours.

Back