• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding two kinds of pellets / muesli

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone else feed two kinds of food? When I 1st got Hollie she wouldn't eat the Science Selective Pellets, so I managed to get her on to eating Rabbit Royale Muesli insted of the Wagg that she was on at the rescue. Since then she has started to eat the Science Selective Pellets. Herbie always just ganneted anything that I put down!

So I have been feeding the Rabbit Royale Muesli in the morning and the Science Selective Pellets in the evening.....I always have fed pellets twice a day. Was wondering if anyone else feeds two types of food and if there were any positives or negatives to continuing like this?

I have sort of done this with one bun - she came to me on museli and was selective feeding so I moved her onto pellets. However I could only get a big bag of her old museli and had loads left once I'd switched, so used it as a treat food, giving her a few less pellets and hand feeding a small amount of museli as 'sweeties'. We never had any problems, to be honest I don't see why there would be any if Hollie is eating the whole thing. Funnily enough mine didn't selective feed when being hand fed. Weirdo. :roll::lol:

Does anyone else feed two kinds of food? When I 1st got Hollie she wouldn't eat the Science Selective Pellets, so I managed to get her on to eating Rabbit Royale Muesli insted of the Wagg that she was on at the rescue. Since then she has started to eat the Science Selective Pellets. Herbie always just ganneted anything that I put down!

So I have been feeding the Rabbit Royale Muesli in the morning and the Science Selective Pellets in the evening.....I always have fed pellets twice a day. Was wondering if anyone else feeds two types of food and if there were any positives or negatives to continuing like this?

I used to feed the same combination. Eventually I decided to feed only RR because they preferred it and I felt it was a more 'natural' food. Given they get such a small amount I would continue with what works for you.

Aye, they both eat all of the food now, no matter what one it is.....I was thinking it might be good to use both as a bit of variety for them. Will probably just go for feeding both then. It is no hassle to buy both as so many places do free delivery now anyways :)

Ludo has a mixture of Excel pellets and SS. He can't have Excel on its own (excess caecals).

I could try SS on its own but to be honest he likes his mix and as he's a very sensitive stasis bun I'm loathe to change anything that works. The house is so full of SMA baby food tins of pellets now though because he has a tiny amount and the packets last forever :lol::lol:

At one point when we changed him over from what he was eating originally he was on Excel, SS and Beaphar Care Plus Junior!

Back