• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective - package change?

Roly Poly

Warren Veteran
Hi,

I've just bought a new bag of science selective for Rolo but when I put it in the cupboard, the packaging is a bit different to the old bag.

Does anyone know if they've changed the packaging or whether the actual product has changed?

I've checked and it all seems the same except the new pack says it contains a small amount of fenucreek and aniseed. Will I need to introduce this gradually? Or should I just try and find a bag the same as the old one? I'm a bit confused! xx

I'm sorry, I cant help, i did notice the packaging changed a few months ago but didnt realise the ingredients may also have been changed

Hope you can find the answer,,,

I can't help that much as I get in in large bags as I have 8 to feed lol but the last bag I got was pale green, slightly checkered effect?? Not the solid green bag as previously, I didn't introduce gradually and they were all fine, but if you are worried I would introduce gradually as you get towards the end of your current bag, hope this helps :)

I can't help that much as I get in in large bags as I have 8 to feed lol but the last bag I got was pale green, slightly checkered effect?? Not the solid green bag as previously, I didn't introduce gradually and they were all fine, but if you are worried I would introduce gradually as you get towards the end of your current bag, hope this helps :)

Thanks for that - my new bag has green checks on it too instead of the solid green colour, think I'll mix the new one with what I've got left of my old bag. Did ask hubby to taste them to see if he could tell a difference but strangely enough he declined! :lol:

Hiya, I am pretty sure that the ingredients have slightly changed. I just got a new pack myself and I have been mixing the old and new for the past four days and all has been ok. The new pellets seem to be slightly smaller than the old ones too.

I am so sick of them changing it all the time without warning! It's such a pain having to keep changing the buns food over :evil:

Thanks for that - my new bag has green checks on it too instead of the solid green colour, think I'll mix the new one with what I've got left of my old bag. Did ask hubby to taste them to see if he could tell a difference but strangely enough he declined! :lol:

I suggested my husband try one excel and one science selective as a joke.......he only went and dd it!!! :shock: he said both were vile however science selective was mildly better :lol::lol:

I've not seen the first one but it comes from the official website so that's probably a new package. The fourth one is what I've been using for ages, it might be old stock.

Back