• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio or quad?

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
I'm going to be looking to bond Poppy soon with Oscar and Jessie, but I'm worried that if/when they bond, one of them will be left out. In your experience, do trios or quads work out better?

I think it would depend on the rabbits. Mine work great as a trio but I know some people have had less success. There is always a risk that two will bond better and one will be left out, but there's also the risk with a quad that three with bond well and one will still be left out.

Personally I'd give bonding them as a trio a go as you already have all the rabbits. If it doesn't work out then look at getting a fourth.

I will be bonding a trio later this summer once the male baby is neutered. My pair are very close, shes 7 and hes 3 then there will be the baby. Let us know your progress as I am very apprehensive about doing it.

I will be bonding a trio later this summer once the male baby is neutered. My pair are very close, shes 7 and hes 3 then there will be the baby. Let us know your progress as I am very apprehensive about doing it.

same here, just waiting for Jasper to be neutered in August :wave:

I am too- we got Poppy in May and I haven't dared do it yet! I was hoping to get somebody else to try but I couldn't find anyone locally...

I have had much more success with trios. With quads there seems to be more bullying. I find with trios that they seem to get different things for the other 2. Like Tess, Benjamin and Bailey. Tess would play with Benjamin but cuddle Bailey. Benjamin and Bailey just cuddled.

Good luck

I am too- we got Poppy in May and I haven't dared do it yet! I was hoping to get somebody else to try but I couldn't find anyone locally...

Ive been incredibly lucky with bonds in the past but only done pairs. The rescue I use has given me advice for bonding 2 males and 1 female. Im going to do it in August when the kids are home so theres more of us to watch. This is providing Stanley has got his plums, had them removed and recovered etc in august.

Although apart from the constant supply of bunny poos on every rug in the house, its really nice having a house bunny

Ive been incredibly lucky with bonds in the past but only done pairs. The rescue I use has given me advice for bonding 2 males and 1 female. Im going to do it in August when the kids are home so theres more of us to watch. This is providing Stanley has got his plums, had them removed and recovered etc in august.

Although apart from the constant supply of bunny poos on every rug in the house, its really nice having a house bunny

ah, we have two boys and a girl too. boy and girl already bonded, siblings. jasper is a bit smaller than them - i am a bit worried that he might get bullied! hes only got one plum at the moment which is why we're waiting until august.

I have two girls and one boy- I wan't planning on having a trio but the school I work at was getting rid of all the animals on the farm and I had to take Pops. So glad I did because she is such a chilled out and friendly bunny!

The reason I'm waiting to summer is because I will be home much more too. I agree about the poos everywhere!

I think I will try for a trio for now then- thanks for your advice. I will no doubt be back for bonding advice soon, I've only ever done Oscar and Jessie and they were such an easy bond...

My Lucky, Bessie and Thomas live together happily - 2 girls and a boy.

Thomas is always with the one that is up to the most mischief at any one time - he's easily led!

They all cuddle together and take turns in cuddling in twos so fortunately it works out well.

Hope your bond works out x

Back