• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keep fighting: Back at bunny bootcamp for now.

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Neither Buckley or Prudence will give in and groom. It's making Buckley absolutely miserable because he thrives on affection and she just won't give him any. If he lowers his head she'll lower hers and try to shove his out of the way, or she'll nudge him on the bum where she nipped him the other day (he's got a wound there, I'm keeping an eye on it) as if to say "back up pal or you'll get another one of these".

She's a really confident, happy bunny and has been binkying loads but Buckley just looks so sad :cry:

What can I do?

Maybe a little bit of banana on each of their heads for the other to groom off? Might get things started xx

They keep fighting. Like locking into a ball. I've put Pru in the carrier and she's flopped out. They've both taken chunks out of each other. I'm failing them both. I don't want either to get hurt and I don't want Pru to have to go back. I'm going to take them both back to Windwhistle Bootcamp!

Poor you. I can't really advice but if you got them from a rescue, perhaps the rescue could bond them for you.. I had to do that with mine as I was getting too stressed and in turn causing them stress...

All the very best, I feel for you..

Fee xx

Last edited:
Oh :( i noticed in your other thread they had quite a lot of space, do you have a pen or something you can force them together more? I found with my trio it helped a lot.

Oh :( i noticed in your other thread they had quite a lot of space, do you have a pen or something you can force them together more? I found with my trio it helped a lot.

They've gone back to bootcamp for now. They were bonding in a pretty large space at the rescue. Might get a pen to reduce their space down to what they have at Windwhistle for when they come home again.

Is everything completely neutral? Litter trays, food bowls, bottles and spaces need to be completely steralised with vinegar.

It's very common for a bond to fail because the space is too large. I would definitely get a pen. I bonded in a pen of about 4x4ft with nothing but a water bowl and litter tray/hay in. They were quite difficult because they were so dominant and even now they still have little arguments, fortunately they have ever had a full blown fight.

I really hope Buckley and Prudence will bond. Sending bonding vibes. x

Is everything completely neutral? Litter trays, food bowls, bottles and spaces need to be completely steralised with vinegar.

It's very common for a bond to fail because the space is too large. I would definitely get a pen. I bonded in a pen of about 4x4ft with nothing but a water bowl and litter tray/hay in. They were quite difficult because they were so dominant and even now they still have little arguments, fortunately they have ever had a full blown fight.

I really hope Buckley and Prudence will bond. Sending bonding vibes. x

Everything was completely neutral. Everything was brand new or vinegared to death! They were bonding in one of the pens that the Windwhistle house bunnies live in at the rescue. Probably 8ft x 4ft. And they were absolutely fine when they were still at the rescue. They're both such big personalities.

Everything was completely neutral. Everything was brand new or vinegared to death! They were bonding in one of the pens that the Windwhistle house bunnies live in at the rescue. Probably 8ft x 4ft. And they were absolutely fine when they were still at the rescue. They're both such big personalities.

Gah! Bunnies eh!? :lol:

Well, I guess the only thing you can try is to reduce the size of the pen. Have you heard how they are getting on at the rescue?

Gah! Bunnies eh!? :lol:

Well, I guess the only thing you can try is to reduce the size of the pen. Have you heard how they are getting on at the rescue?

mm, next time they come home I'll give them a pen the same size as the one they have at windwhistle I think.
they can see each other but not touch and they're ok at the moment. obviously they wont be put together properly until Alice has time to keep an eye on them :)

I'm thinking positive. they can be fine together because they were snuggled up in the bunny loaf position for several hours when I had them home and they'll sit in the same litter tray and munch hay together quietly!

mm, next time they come home I'll give them a pen the same size as the one they have at windwhistle I think.
they can see each other but not touch and they're ok at the moment. obviously they wont be put together properly until Alice has time to keep an eye on them :)

I'm thinking positive. they can be fine together because they were snuggled up in the bunny loaf position for several hours when I had them home and they'll sit in the same litter tray and munch hay together quietly!

fingers crossed! :thumb:

If it were me, I would give them a really small pen when they get home.....even smaller than the one they had at the rescue, then I would make it larger by a pen panel every so often over a space of a week or so, gauging how they get on each time you increase it.

If it were me, I would give them a really small pen when they get home.....even smaller than the one they had at the rescue, then I would make it larger by a pen panel every so often over a space of a week or so, gauging how they get on each time you increase it.

Trouble is they both get really agitated when they're confined too much. I think a balance needs to be struck between giving them not so much space that they get territorial, but not so little that they fight because they don't have enough space.

Bonding vibes for the two of them. I've failed two attempted bonds recently and it makes you feel so bad! Really hope their time away helps :thumb:

Bonding vibes for the two of them. I've failed two attempted bonds recently and it makes you feel so bad! Really hope their time away helps :thumb:

It really does, I felt like I was failing them both because she so loved being here, and he really enjoyed snuggling next to her. It is going to work. Because I said so! :lol:

Hello :wave:

Sorry to hear the bunnies are being naughty, they looked so happy Saturday. Fingers crossed Alice can make them play nicely and you can have them home soon!

Back