• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Californians

coco1200

Warren Veteran
I thought I would show RU the new bundles that have entered our new household. I kept saying that after Noisette passed I wouldn't, and couldn't get another rabbit again. I really did think the time would never come that she would leave, but it's been so empty without having somebun hopping around the garden. I can't really explain it, but not having a bunny there to look after and nurture is heartbreaking alone.

Yesterday, my sister and me traveled to London to pick up three white bundles of fluff from the RSPCA. Speaking to the welfare officer, they were an expected litter from a disabled school and the children were supposed to be looking after them, but the breeding project went out of control. There were six bunnies in total, but we have come home with three of these gems!

Currently 5 months old and it doesn't seem there has been much handling with them as they are terrified of everything :(
Good thing though is that they love food and even after almost 2 hours stuck in M1 traffic, the first thing they did when they came back to mine was demolish all the hay and pellets in their bowl :shock:

Can't think of names for these beautiful bunnies just yet, but as people may know I like unusual names so going to think about this one :D Two girls and one boy! :love::love::love:

This girl is the most confident out of them all so far!

little boy!

This little girl is so terrified and keeps holding back...

I can't believe they only moved in yesterday and it's a tip already!!! I can clearly see they are going to eat me out of the house too haha! Hopefully with paitence and love they will all start to become more confident. They are all such stunning bunnies though!!

:love::love::love::love::love: They are gorgeous. It is great that you got 3 different shades of the ear/feet/nose. It will be very interesting to see if they change up/switch off their shades as Californians usually do. Julie has been all theses shades over the years. Her markings change up with her molts too. That breed is know for greediness and tend to be cunning/intelligent at getting what they want. I bet that the terrified ones get over that fast once they figure out what a wonderful home they have landed into. JULIE was also not use to being handled but became extremely social very fast.

thank you all, I am smitten with them, they are so beautiful... tiny though!! Not used to having smaller bunnies compared to the giants I've had!!

:love::love::love::love::love: They are gorgeous. It is great that you got 3 different shades of the ear/feet/nose. It will be very interesting to see if they change up/switch off their shades as Californians usually do. Julie has been all theses shades over the years. Her markings change up with her molts too. That breed is know for greediness and tend to be cunning/intelligent at getting what they want. I bet that the terrified ones get over that fast once they figure out what a wonderful home they have landed into. JULIE was also not use to being handled but became extremely social very fast.

thank you bunnytoes!! I didn't actually know their coats change with their moults, I'll be very interested in seeing this too! They are absolute scavengers, they don't leave a single drop of their dry food in the bowl and I filled the hutch up to the top with hay and it's practically finished overnight!!!!! I feel bad as it feels like I haven't fed them, but they are just incredibly greedy :lol:

Julie was one of the reasons I fell in love with calis and when I saw these I thought they would be hard to rehome because of their pink eyes and I had to have them :love:

thank you all, I am smitten with them, they are so beautiful... tiny though!! Not used to having smaller bunnies compared to the giants I've had!!

thank you bunnytoes!! I didn't actually know their coats change with their moults, I'll be very interested in seeing this too! They are absolute scavengers, they don't leave a single drop of their dry food in the bowl and I filled the hutch up to the top with hay and it's practically finished overnight!!!!! I feel bad as it feels like I haven't fed them, but they are just incredibly greedy :lol:

Julie was one of the reasons I fell in love with calis and when I saw these I thought they would be hard to rehome because of their pink eyes and I had to have them :love:

Wow!!! That makes me and Julie feel great that she has played a part in saving the life of fellow Calis. The Calis that I have seen in the rescue that I buy Julie's supplies from have spent their entire lives there. Only one was re homed that I know of and that was a volunteer that got to know the mother and daughter from working there. Unfortunately the mom who was already pretty old passed away right before going to her new home.:(
I think that it is their pink eyes and lots of people prefer smaller rabbits. If only people gave them a chance. I think that they are all most always very sweet in nature and smart.

I personally think cali's are the most gorgeous breed of rabbit. I can't believe that they're in rescues for such a long time, their whole lives even. :cry:

Your three are beautiful, I look forward to seeing more once they're settled! :D

Oh my gosh they are stunning :love: I love that you came home with not one, not two but three rabbits :lol::thumb: They are going to be spoilt rotten, lucky buns. :love: Wow, you must keep adding pics as they grow!

Back