• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant *ahem* "House Rabbit" arrived at local store for adoption

Automaton539

Warren Scout
Giant breed bun just arrived at local pets at home in sheffield descibed as a house rabbit needing extra attention.

20130622_141537_zpsf4d48716.jpg

This bun is HUUUGE bigger than both of mine together.

Yea, poor thing was just laying there panting. Granted it was warm, but still, looked like the effort of just moving a few feet was too much.

I'd speak to a store manager :S that is horrendous, poor girl :(

however that's a mmuch bigger space than the tank my little Jasper was in when we got him :(

Poor thing.

A rabbit that size needs a huge amount of exercise; not just to keep weight under control but to keep them healthy generally.

There seems to be an increasing trend to giants being advertised for re-homing simply because the original owner has gone into ownership with their eyes shut and in total ignorance (which is, in my view, inexcusable).

Giants are fabulous friends but are only for the devoted as they are hard work, particularly in the house (or rather THEIR house!) I wish this message was sent out loud and clear by pet shops. It really upsets me. :(

Sorry, I know you all understand. Rant over. :)

I've got horrid pictures in my mind of someone buying her and putting her in a hutch or something. :(
That poor girl.

She does look a little overweight. If she's that unfit, that's probably not a bad size pen to start with .. dunno if she'll fit down the tunnel though :lol: Definately a house bunny sized bunny!

Back