• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surrey/Hampshire people: hay suppliers?

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
If anyone has any recommendations for good hay suppliers (farms/equine shops/pet shops that sell good quality hay) in Surrey/Hampshire, could you post them here? I am trying to put together a list of recommended suppliers for our adopters. I currently have:

Frosbury Farm
B & J Dance

Sam (Bluesmum)'s sister works at a Polo farm and the hay from there is cheap - and amazing. My buns totally adore it and even I was thinking about adding some to my salad as it smells gorgeous. Maybe PM her or search for her thread about it?

Denes country stores, Iron hill, Liphook. Its a horsey shop, also sells megazorb, chopped straw, aubiose, just grass, readi grass. Only sells rabbit royale in rabbit food but trying to get them onto pellets!

Hello. Google turned up this old thread when I searched for hay suppliers in Surrey. Frosbury's is only a mile from where we live, which is a result. Do any RUers get their hay from there? And if so, any tips on what to ask for, please? They list hay bales as "available in various grades", but I wouldn't know which one to ask for. Or they have various more "gourmet" versions marketed at horse owners. Should I be considering one of those instead? I'm sure they will advise me themselves. But advice straight from the "bunnies mouth" would be appreciated.

Thank you, on behalf of Max and Molly.

I use Snack and Tack, and also Backhurst Supplies in Normandy. I havent tried Frosburys Im afraid.

I just ask for Dry Stalky Green Hay, and inspect first before they bundle into your vehicle!!!! xxx

Back