• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent advice re new bunny

moi

Mama Doe
Hello all.... as you kow I have 2 house buns, Peggy an Tonic.... neatured male and female.

A friend of mine was wanting to rehome her 2 bunnies and I declined. One of them has now killed the other (2 boys, unneautered). She cannot keep the other one now and I cannot bear the remaining bun going to any Joe Bloggs so I said I will take it on. It has a hutch so will be kept in the garden away from my buns but Im a bit nervous it will rock the boat with my buns. xxxx

Oh what a shame :(

I'm sure it will be fine, none of mine give a monkeys about Charlie being here. She's in the shed outside and the other 3 are indoors. I just make sure I wash my hands when I come back in :)

I do hope they will be ok, they had other rabbits in the next 'cubicle' in the shelter so hopefully. I really wish Id offered to take these buns before x

I do hope they will be ok, they had other rabbits in the next 'cubicle' in the shelter so hopefully. I really wish Id offered to take these buns before x

You couldn't have known that would happen, it's a bloody horrible thing but 2 unneutered boys is a disaster waiting to happen. I guess the size of the hutch would be an issue too if you have 2 hormonal boys in a small space and nowhere to get away.
Time now to focus on the boy coming to you x

If the friend had kept them in a small hutch and not withered them despite me giving them info and educating them and this happened I would not be friends with them....

But that's just me

You were not to blame she is responsible not you Hunxxxx

If the friend had kept them in a small hutch and not withered them despite me giving them info and educating them and this happened I would not be friends with them....

But that's just me

You were not to blame she is responsible not you Hunxxxx

More of a friend of my Sisters who I have on facebook. She is a lovely girl and put her trust into the pet shops who said 2 boys will be fine x

Back