• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chasing?

midori1999

Alpha Buck
Alfie was my first bunny and has been bonded with Sweetie for about 8 months now. He is 4 and had never even seen another bunny prior to that as he was a single house bun until we got him.

We got another bun, neutered girl, Dash, a month or so ago and she was in the same room as Alfie and Sweetie but in a pen and they could see each other but not touch. Alfie chased a bit the first day or so, but not much at all and it stopped.

Now Dash has a new husbun, Rebel and so I have two pairs seperate to each other and each pair has their own accommodation in the garden. The problem is, I'm trying to give each pair a chance to free range under supervision in the garden each day or alternate days and when Dash and Rebel free range if Alfie sees them he chases Sweetie. I've set up puppy panels so Dash and Rebel can't get within 2ft of Alfie and Sweetie, but it doesn't help.

Will this stop? (wondering if spring is a factor?) or am I going to have to stop the free ranging? I'm reluctant to do that if I don't have to as although Dash and Rebel have a 50ft sq. kennel and run and access to a pen on the grass of the same size when I'm there, they're both very active rabbits and I feel Dash especially needs some time in that extra space.

The bunnies can still all see each other when two are free-ranging so I suspect that's the issue. Try draping a towel over the cage or moving the other two to a totally different area so that they can't see the free-ranging bunnies.

AMETHYST

Back