• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The ingredients for the rabbit house

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Just been to pick up some things for the inside of the shed, another £230 plus the 660 we spent on the shed

Expensive bunnies!

Exciting! We'll also be having an expensive weekend buying wood to make bunny accommodation, I didn't realise how much it would add up to! :shock:

Looks like someone is going to be busy. :D

I had a triple kennel/run set up last year, which cost me a small fortune. I couldn't believe how much extra I then went on to spend on wood etc for the inside. :shock: It really does mount up.

Look forward to seeing the finished result. :D

I was surprised how much it cost to build my rabbit home. I already had the shed but it cost me over £500 to make the aviary, do the inside of the shed, lay bricks and gravel in the run and buy toys :shock:

My Boyf recently built (from scratch) "bunny mansion" as it is affectionately known, basically a massive shed it cost over double what buying one would have but it is awesome :). We still haven't finished though and need to complete the interior....

Bunnies are costing a fortune but they are sooooooo worth it. Here is a pic of them enjoying their home.
f9a033b2024bf88b5729c1d8bc7f4a7b.jpg

3602f4c8f6ff1e58cc5363bc06903b59.jpg

c563aab5ec885eb7f77c930445ef8641.jpg

cc88f2cce00ffd8ee6aff247ce073d12.jpg

99e42d80f08ee865ed2162ab499b7f41.jpg

7213fe02bd697497a4bdc9b5a6cba6de.jpg

Wow, love it! And those bunny ears are huge :shock: :love:

How tall is the shed? and where did you get that mesh from/how much was it/how much mesh do you get on a roll? :oops: :D:D

Thanks Rabcat I was so proud of the boyfriend he is v clever - but he is an engineer so should be good at this stuff :)

They are both v mischievous i like that photo too :love:

Ally&Poppy - thanks Moleys ears are mahoosive you should have seen them on him when he was a baby he could barely hold them up :)

The mesh is from Rokers a farm store in Guildford, Surrey. It was about £15 for a 10m roll it was pretty good value. The shed is about 6ft tall but its suspended off the ground by about half a foot - I know it is monstrous, luckily the neighbours didn't mind phewww..

We're getting an 8 x 6 shed soon, but need to do some serious fox proofing.. We're trying to get a hold of as much mesh as possible at the moment :lol: Got normal chicken wire and that will do for inside, but for the outside.. We have one small mesh roll (the small gauge stuff) then small chicken wire and we're going to get (need to work out exactly how many we will need) about 2 puppy pens (oh the expense :lol:) and bolt them to the outside over the mesh!

Where our shed will go is half in/half out some bushes so it doesn't look too over bearing! I love seeing other people set ups, gives me loads of ideas :love: Even though I already have a pair in a shed.. it's always fun to think of new things :lol:

Last edited:
Yep I'm the same I took a few ideas from other RU's like lining the inside of the shed with ply board and then Lino - this was the winning idea as it stops them chewing the actual shed and makes it water tight :)

I am still on design phase of the inside going to have some hidey holes and shelves for them but they seem fine for the time being without them. I also took the executive decision to shut them in at night which is a shame and i always feel bad, but I just couldn't sleep if they were left open and I knew foxes were around. The size of their inside space is 8 x 4, obviously I would always like more but I have to draw a line somewhere lol.

Don't forget to share when you are done :thumb:

Oh goodness, I'll be getting my Nikon out for shed pictures :p :lol: In my head I know what I want but I want it now :evil: :lol:

If the bun was at mine it wouldn't be as bad, but where my bf lives he is surrounded by fields and we watch foxes and badges eat the bird food! So we're trying to create a fox proof shed for her, she'll be able to go in a run but only in the day and only when someone can watch her as I have seen quite a few foxes around midday time, one had a pheasant in its mouth! So need to maximise inside space for her, if she was at mine we can only fit a 6ft hutch and attach a 6x4 run with a runaround on.

Gosh that sounds scary I don't blame you for fox proofing you definitely need quadruple mesh coverage!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel re the impatience I had to wait weeks, far too long, but moving in day was great when we finally got there.

Best of luck with it... I hope you find the right mesh. :)

Back