• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

11 year old rabbit and partner being given away for free

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Last night it was brought to my attention that someone is giving away an 11 year old rabbit and it's 4 year old partner for free. Is there anyone who may be able to help? They are based in Kettering which is local to me, I can collect and help transport. The advert reads

These two rabbits are great with kids, cats, dogs and any other animal you can think of. Will sometimes sleep in the dogs bed with my doberman or have a run around with the bearded dragon. They dont bite and are easy to handle. Low maintenance rabbits which live out all the time. (They used to live in so will return to that if needed). Will come with all the stuff, food, hutch. The girl, Sky, is a grey/blue dutch rabbit with really soft fur who will sit on your lap for ages, (4 years old) and Pepsi Max is the character of the two, loves to do merkat impressions and stretch out in front of the fire place for a nap. Very bold and jumps around like a little kangaroo. Pepsi, brindle lop eared bunny, is the older of the two at an amazing 11 years old (He's going for a record I swear) but is still full of life and runs around a lot more than his slightly overweight girlfriend. Im looking for a new home for them as I am upset to say i dont give them the time they deserve. They stay outside all day and night and only get a look in when i go to feed them. They are so happy when i bring them in but with all the animals I have they do get overlooked. Completely my fault. Also, im going to uni so they will get even less attention then. Free to good home as pepsi is an older boy (Dont let that put you off! he's an amazing character and has never shown signs of illness or slowing down, the worlds oldest rabbit was 17 so he's still got time left lol). The hutch it in full working order though you may want to paint it as its old and has urine stains from years of loyal service lol.

Sorry much as I would love to help, on this occasion we can't. We really need to prioritise the rabbits we already have here, as there are a lot of sick or new single bunnies like Victoria, sprout and Lenny. Once they are ok, bonded and we know where each one is going to live permanently, only then can we think about new arrivals. I'm really sorry xx

I could foster them until rescue space is available if that's any help?
I am near Cambridge though.

Sorry much as I would love to help, on this occasion we can't. We really need to prioritise the rabbits we already have here, as there are a lot of sick or new single bunnies like Victoria, sprout and Lenny. Once they are ok, bonded and we know where each one is going to live permanently, only then can we think about new arrivals. I'm really sorry xx

I did wonder, but as they appear to be healthy and one is so young I didn't think they'd meet your criteria anyway, no need to appologise :love:

I could foster them until rescue space is available if that's any help?
I am near Cambridge though.

Jill from Honeybunnies said she may be able to take them if I fostered long term which isn't an option. It may work if you could foster long term though? I would need to ask Jill of course.

What is Theos username, or if someone has other details could they bring this thread to her attention?

I did wonder, but as they appear to be healthy and one is so young I didn't think they'd meet your criteria anyway, no need to appologise :love:

Jill from Honeybunnies said she may be able to take them if I fostered long term which isn't an option. It may work if you could foster long term though? I would need to ask Jill of course.

What is Theos username, or if someone has other details could they bring this thread to her attention?

Theo is Snowy on RU.

It's not that they don't fit our criteria as we would always accept a partner of one that does. But taking in a pair now means they would take one of our large set ups which our singles are patiently waiting for and that just wouldn't be fair on them x

It's not that they don't fit our criteria as we would always accept a partner of one that does. But taking in a pair now means they would take one of our large set ups which our singles are patiently waiting for and that just wouldn't be fair on them x

I understand, that was just my ponderings from earlier before I had even seen your post :) your current buns (hehe) need to be a priority :thumb:

I understand, that was just my ponderings from earlier before I had even seen your post :) your current buns (hehe) need to be a priority :thumb:

Thanks for understanding. Our aim is to get all the outside buns into their own playhouses and aviaries with none living in hutches. We are so close to being there. It means we can't have quite as many bunnies but the ones we do have will have a great life :)

Thanks for understanding. Our aim is to get all the outside buns into their own playhouses and aviaries with none living in hutches. We are so close to being there. It means we can't have quite as many bunnies but the ones we do have will have a great life :)

and thats the most important thing :love:

Sorry, I don't have room for a pair at the moment, if it was just the 11 year old then I could have taken him but not with a partener and would NEVER split them, I already have a few on my waiting list and so can't see anytime soon that I could take them in, sorry

Back