• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somebody has tried to defraud my rabbit account

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I have a couple of accounts set up for Underhill rabbit rescue. One current one and also a savings one. I give out the details for my current account for people to transfer money when they adopt a bunny and then I transfer the money into Underhill savings. Then I transfer money back in to pay for vets bills so although it's used there is never a large sum of money in it.

Anyway I just logged onto my bank this morning, somebody yesterday has taken from the account a £50 payment and another payment of £485.07 (by DD) :shock: it's sent the account £184 overdrawn.

I'm just on the phone to the fraud people right now, there are some evil people about to try and steal money from poor rescue bunnies :(

The bank has just put the money back, good job I noticed as they were able to stop it.

The bank has just put the money back, good job I noticed as they were able to stop it.

Phew! It's scary to think of what would have happened if you hadn't noticed. Can they track the thief via the accout it went to?

I think so, but not really sure what they're going to do. They have put a block on my account to stop them from trying to take more money. There are some low lifes out there :evil:

Scum. :evil: I'm so glad you spotted it quickly and the bank could put a stop on it though.

Thieving scum like that don't give a though to who they steal from, they just try it with anyone. Hope they get their comeuppance.

Back