• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg metacam ... Eugh

Fluffs mum

Warren Scout
Ok so picture the scene first attempt of getting the dose out of the bottle ... Then transferring into the other syringe. Pushed way to hard so plft all over me, including face.... :oops:

No wonder binky tries to run a mile I can't get rid of the smell , may have to have another shower... It is one of the most disgusting things ... Feel even worse for her now... Bleeeuughh.

Don't do that with baytril then. A lot of buns LOVE metacam, it's baytril they can't stand so that must be way worse!

It is all for their own good though, Binky may not like being syringes but being in pain would be a lot worse.

My first encounter with Metacam ended with me covered in the stuff as well so I feel your pain lol! The smell really is impossible to get rid of.

Thank god it's not just me .. She's better with baytril :D typical of our family getting it backwards :) she is such a lovely rabbit , beginning to order if that is why she was abandoned in the first place as looks as though she is going to be a rabbit that needs lots of looking after :D still wish I could have them inside :0(

I take the white stopper out of the bottle so I can get a 1ml syringe into it easier ;) Mine adore it they'd come running and lick it off :lol: I have enough trouble batting the other two away when one needs it.

Metacam tastes fine, baytril is very bitter. Zithromax and septrin are also quite nice.

I don't generally make tasting animal drugs a habit (honest) but somehow I've ended up tasting the above by accident.

Back