• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Poor Bunny :(

Snowytoshi

Mama Doe
Toshi recently discovered the sheet rock in our kitchen and has been chewing on it. We always stop him, but now that I look it appears he ate quite a lot :( He also got into the bird seed the other day... He was fine earlier today, binkying, flopping, and eating, but now he is refusing to eat and when he lays down keeps switching positions as if he were in pain. I am very scared for him, we can't take him to the vet at this hour, so I am staying up and trying to keep him moving. Please sends vibes and offer any suggestions on how to help him before we can ge him to a vet.

:cry::cry::cry:

Does your usual vet have an emegency service they work with? If you call their number and they're closed they might have a voicemail message letting you know who to call.

I would get him seen ASAP as he could have a blockage or the beginning of stasis

We do have an ER, but we cannot go right now because my dad (who works overnights) has the car. It is incredibly distressing to me, but unfortunately there is literally no way to get him to the vet tonight.

We do have an ER, but we cannot go right now because my dad (who works overnights) has the car. It is incredibly distressing to me, but unfortunately there is literally no way to get him to the vet tonight.

Taxi? friend? anything? I would not recommend letting a rabbit go 12 hours without eating food (I get antsy after 2, to be honest)

We did not bring him to the vet because by morning he was charging around and eating fine. We think the problem was that he was dehydrated as it has been very hot lately and we hadn't made pulp for them in awhile and that has a lot of liquid and fiber. Yesterday we gave him some simethicone (he was not happy about that!) and made them some pulp. He's very perky and happy, but we're monitoring him very closely and making sure he's eating and drinking enough.

Back