• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is the opposite of lop eared?

liv862

Warren Scout
a bit daft, but just trying to settle a debate i had with my parents last nite. :lol: is there any proper term to describe a rabbit with sticky-uppy ears?

thanks, liv xxx

I have seen them described on here as 'uppy-eared' but that doesnt sound like a correct term... Just 'normal' or 'conventional' I guess.

I don't think there is a proper term for an uppy-eared rabbit. All rabbits are uppy-eared unless they've been selectively bred by humans to produce a genetic 'fault' resulting in lop ears. The only other term I'd use will be starred out by the swear filter :roll: but it rhymes with 'stick' and starts with a 'p' :thumb:.

We call the non-lops 'uppities' :D My mom says she likes them better because the lops look like the top of their head was chopped off :shock::shock:

"conventional eared rabbits" no, I don't actually know if thats the technical term but it sounds fancy ;):lol: I just call them up eared bunnies

I wouldn't go saying that in public :shock::lol::lol::lol:.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh I was having a rubbish morning till I saw that...:lol:
I always think of the loppies as the normal rabbits (since they're my favorite) and the uppy ears as being the odd ones. ;)
But yeah...uppy eared. Always what I called them. :) Especially when describing to clueless relatives. ;)

Back