• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this 'Spring Fever' or should I be worried?

Janey

Warren Veteran
Peter and Pixie had the easiest bond ever (I literally put them together and that was that), however, she is very nervous and what I would describe as 'skittish' she is also very greedy and food orientated.

So basically since they have been together they chase each other but it's because when I walk in the room Pixie will run (probably in excitement or anticipation of food) and Peter will chase her because he thinks she has been given food, she will then chase him because he is running and.....you get the picture. It's never been a problem because Peter is so laid back but I feel sorry for him.

Anyway, the last week or so it's not only chasing but humping too, Pixie humping Peter, it doesn't seem to be causing any problems because Peter puts up with it but it must be annoying for him. I think it only happens when I am around because when I shut their door I can't hear any movement really (they are very lazy buns).

So could this be a late on-set of Spring Fever? Or is it something I should be concerned about? He does sometimes get annoyed and chases/humps her back. To be honest it really annoys me, I know she is a rabbit and it's natural behaviour but I just want her to leave him alone. When he was with Poppy he had such a quiet life and they shared food nicely etc, I'm finding hard to 'bond' with her anyway but she's making it even harder which I feel awful for. :(

Biffy and Bramble are exactly like this at the minute. Bramble has always been the dominant one, but recently Biffy has been trying to gain dominance too, so we've had a lot of chasing and humping. Whenever Bramble chases Biff though, it looks like she may nip him so I just tend to shout no at her, as I don't want Biffy being bitten.
I think it may just be a late onset of spring fever, as they've been completely fine since we've had them.
Hope this helps a little bit :wave:

This sounds really similar to my buns. Jaffa is mega laid back and Ren is nervy. They bonded really well (or so I thought) until last night when some sort of tussle must've occurred as this morning fur was everywhere.

There hasn't been any humping at all though (that I have seen).

The weather is really peculiar right now and it's making ME feel weird so maybe our buns are feeling funny too?

Lots of.......................erm spring fever here too!!:oops::oops: I do mean the buns, not me and OH!!!

The bonded boarding bunnies are at it like....rabbits!!!!:lol::lol: I don't know where to look.:shock:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is just 'that time of year' and things calm down soon.

I'm not sure I can take much more of these goings-on, I've never experienced it before, I'm rather traumatised :lol:

Mrs.Bunnykins I feel for you, perhaps close your eyes and wait for autumn (as summer clearly isn't stopping this behaviour) :roll::shock:

yeah sounds like spring to me :lol: that said just keep an eye on them, I was having issues with Imogen humping and attacking Sebastian at feeding time which I had put down to spring but it turned out that Imogen had some harmless cysts on her vulva and was sore and grumpy :wave:

Back