• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zola and BabiesUPDATE pst 24

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry not news until now but couple of upsetting days and numbers unknown..so here we go

Update on Zola . From birth of babies. Zola very unsettled after birth and killed one baby first night. Next day she killed at least one more, although probably two..it was hard to tell by what I found :( 2. One baby was dead in the nest, she hadn't killed this one , it was extremely tiny and I think died soon after birth .
Reason I haven't known how many she had is I did not want to disturb nest too much due to her killing some.
Yesterday she had dragged another out of nest and into main part of hutch..it was very cold but still alive. I warmed it up, tried to get some kitten milk down it then put it back in nest as hand rearing at this stage is almost impossible.
There were no bodies, bits of bodies or blood this morning and Zola is eating well. so today while she was tucking into a pile of grass I had a good look at nest. No wonder she has been stressed and I was unsure of numbers. There seems to be two nests next to each other and there are still 8 babies alive, mewing and wriggling in there. So it looks at though she gave birth to at least 12 kits.
There is still no guarantee she won't hurt more and I am not getting my hopes up on any of them surviving. Continued vibes please for the little ones and also for Zola.

Last edited:
What a sad situation. :(

Glad that Zola has you though. I hope that she can cope with some of the kits and they get through okay.

Sending vibes for Zola and the babies xx

At least 12:shock: I do hope Zola settles and manages to bring up a healthy litter of kits. Bless her.

Oh no , I am sorry to hear you've lost some little ones Jill :(

Nature can be so cruel, poor Zola has been through so much.

I hope the remaining babies will be OK.

Poor poor Zola, what a miserable life she has had. Thank goodness she is now safe and her babies too. I hope that her and all the babes come through this. Thinking of you Jill, it must be so distressing for you.

8 babies still with us today ..keep sending those vibes

(please have a go at the comp to name them in fundrasing section..on behalf of RACR)

Last edited:
Back