• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yellow fur

sheps

Warren Scout
hi, my rabbity has hay instead of sawdust for substrate and her front and back feet are yellow is there anything i can use to get it off. maybe i shiould change the hay for sawdust?

it might be that she's sitting on her wee :wave: does she have a particular place for peeing? buttons loves to sit in the littertray so consequently her feet are sometimes a bit mucky.

sawdust causes respiratory issues, not worth the risk in my opinion. You could try something like megazorb or even vet bed instead (with hay for eating). Most bunnies have a bit of discolouration to their paws, it's normal and not a problem :)

it might be that she's sitting on her wee :wave: does she have a particular place for peeing? buttons loves to sit in the littertray so consequently her feet are sometimes a bit mucky.

before she was mine , my friend didnt bother to do anything with this poor bunny, she pees everywhere in her cage but when free ranging i put out a littertray with sand in it and does her business which is good, getting her spayed at the end of the month and ill try and litter train her .

sawdust causes respiratory issues, not worth the risk in my opinion. You could try something like megazorb or even vet bed instead (with hay for eating). Most bunnies have a bit of discolouration to their paws, it's normal and not a problem :)

i just didnt want it too get to bad that the urine starts effecting the fur on her feet, im always like this with my animals so try to prevent health issues.is vet bed expensive ?

i just didnt want it too get to bad that the urine starts effecting the fur on her feet, im always like this with my animals so try to prevent health issues.is vet bed expensive ?

it doesn't, its just a bit of staining. As long as they're cleaned out they'll be fine :) it depends where you get it from and how much you need, cheaper over all than having to buy lots of bedding :)

oh thanks :) , i love my animals very much and always thinking of her quality of life at the end of the month i shall get some vet bed :)

I'm sure she'll love it :) don't be surprised if her feet stay a little bit stained, it's a bit like us walking around with no shoes on, we get a bit dirty but its not a problem :)

thank you, when she arrived at the flat by friend said she loves baths but i thought your not meant to bathe rabbits is that true

i dont bathe her , she doesnt even let me brush her, stroke her sometimes shes getting better at being brushed , shes a fiesty rabbit

only if they're very poorly and even then it tends to just be a bum bath :) you could try washing her feet with a bit of cotton wool but its not worth the faff :lol:

if she flops i think great i can brush you , so i lay down next to her on the rug and then shes up and off running about then my OH says well that was pointless :)

Back