• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sadly we have had to split the mini buns up :-(

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Late last night we heard screaming coming from the babies play pen and there was a fight in which the smallest of the black males got hurt, one of them had bitten him and we presume that was the one that was screaming we took him out straight away and bathed the wound and put some gentian violet on it and put him in an indoor cage on his own and within seconds we heard another scream coming from the play pen with the babies in and they were fighting again and so we split them all up and have them in separate indoor cages in the hallway apart from the big REW who we left in the play pen as we have run out of indoor cages.

I doubt now if they will bond as a group but we will have a word with the vet and see what she think's. We just feel so sad as we have ordered a lovely big shed for them and was hoping that they would all live as one happy little group. :(

Oh no what a shame :(

Do you think there will be any chance of this changing when they are neutered or maybe bonding them in groups? x

Oh no what a shame :(

Do you think there will be any chance of this changing when they are neutered or maybe bonding them in groups? x

I hope so :(

we were at the vet's on Tuesday and they were all checked and we booked all the males in for neutering next week so this would help them
bond as a group easily and now this has happened.

Mike was upset I was sobbing as we split them up but they all seem to be glad to be on their own as they were all eating and settled down
and the big Rew that we think is from another litter and who we think started it all as he seems to have matured first was left in the play
pen and he was doing binky's and seemed to be happy that they had all gone.

The two girls Cleo and Dotty are in an indoor cage in my office room so they hadn't a clue what was going on they were both cuddled up and
fast asleep.

Hopefull they will all calm down now.

Could you try putting some of those who are from the same litter close together to see how they react? If it was the REW then the others may take to each other again if he is away from them.

I hope they are not badly hurt bless their little hearts. x

I certainly wouldn't give up on the idea :)

Hormones can do wonderful and weird things as we all know and they look like they are approaching the 10-12 week mark now?

Yes don't give up. Maybe they will be better when neutered? That would be so cool if they could all live together as a group. :D

Such a shame. But fingers crossed that it'll still work out once they've been done! Silly boys, causing problems! :roll:

Aw sorry to hear that Maysie. We had to split T&F before they were spayed due to fighting, but they're ok now. Fingers crossed they will all go back together. Also impressed that you had 6 spare cages!!

No we are not giving up, three of the babies are from another litter and the big Rew that started it all is from the first litter, they are being neutered next week so hopefully that will calm them down a lot.

The little black bunny that was hurt has a nasty bite on his side it doesn't need stitching and good old gentian violet should keep it clean and heal it pretty quick. I had to cuddle him last night to calm him as he was shaking so much with the shock Bless him...and the scream was awful.

There is never a dull moment here :lol:

Aw, I'm sorry to hear this Maysie. I certainly wouldn't give up. Even if you can't bond them all, I bet you will be able to bond them into pairs or trios, and maybe even bond them with some of your singles. :)

I take it Dotty is the little black girl with the white spots on her nose? I loved her! :love: She was just begging to come home with me!

Big REW bully!

Would the other ones not all be able to be put back together without the REW?

Aw sorry to hear that Maysie. We had to split T&F before they were spayed due to fighting, but they're ok now. Fingers crossed they will all go back together. Also impressed that you had 6 spare cages!!

Mike's out now actually buying two more indoor cages as one of the ones we have is a small one and needs changing to a bigger cage and we also needed one for the Big Rew as he is still in the play pen and now we need that as a play pen for them.

We actually have 8 spare indoor cages , usually for sick bunnies or if we have to do a quarantine but they are all in use at the moment. We have ordered a nice shed for the 8 mini buns and so when that arrives and it's all sorted inside it will be a lot better, we have rabbits everywhere at the moment :D

Big REW bully!

Would the other ones not all be able to be put back together without the REW?

I've mentioned that to Mike at leaving the two Rews out as they are slightly older and big Rew is bossy!

But if we do we can't put the hurt one back as his wound is quite bad and we don't want the rest to start washing it. That's just the three younger black males Oscar, Oliver and Ebony to go together for now.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear this Maysie. I certainly wouldn't give up. Even if you can't bond them all, I bet you will be able to bond them into pairs or trios, and maybe even bond them with some of your singles. :)

I take it Dotty is the little black girl with the white spots on her nose? I loved her! :love: She was just begging to come home with me!

We won't give up and I don't see us parting with them as we love them to much.

Yes Dotty is the little black one with the spot on her nose, you know it's funny out of all 8 our vet thought Dotty was absolutely gorgeous. Dotty is now with Cleo the harlequin one and they are no problem at all. All 8 are very friendly as they have been handled daily :D

Here they are Dotty and Cleo :love::love:

What a beautiful picture :love::love:

Sorry to hear they had a fall out, I hope the little boy is ok soon. And yes, fingers crossed when hormones are out the way they can get on together again

They really are so friendly. I couldn't believe that such young buns were so confident and came straight over to see if I had food :lol: :love:

Back