• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Blossom u/d RIP Blossom

weedug

Mama Doe
I am really worried about her now :(.

Little Blossom took unwell yesterday, during one of the worst days of my life.

She was seen at the vet, and got the usual stuff. I was told to syringe feed her, but she seems worse now, so I have held off with this mornings feed.
I hope that was right. I don't think she has pooped at all. We are waiting for the vet to open to take her in. The emergency vet is further away and by the time I get her there, the usual vet will be open.

I will be asking for her to be admitted as there is too much happening for me to look after her properly.

Can I have some vibes for her please?

Last edited:
Poor Blossom, I'm sending loads of vibes for her. xxxxxx
Do you think that the sudden heat from yesterday could have affected her?

I know from my own experience that my little Frankie succumbs to heatstroke very easily and quickly.

I am just back. Blossom has been admitted from pain relief ( poor soul was tooth grinding so loudly), blood tests, fluids, x rays and can't remember if there was anything else.

Her heart rate was a bit slow. Don't know if that means anything?

I am so worried about her, especially since the vet was so concerned.

She is in the best place now and getting help.

Sending lots more vibes for Blossom and hugs for you x

Little Blossom was pts this afternoon :cry::cry:

I got a call from my vet, to say her blood glucose was 20, and they wanted to operate or send her to D1ck Vet. I opted for D1ck Vet.

They said her tummy was huge, and temperature was low. They didn't want to operate as she was too weak to survive the op. They admitted her for x-rays and blood tests and warmed fluids. Ten minutes later I got a phone call asking me to return straight away.

Her stomach was so massive it was pushed into her chest cavity, and her bowel was empty. They wanted me to decide whether to risk the op, or have her pts. Since she was in so much pain, and so poorly, and the vet reckoned there was something else wrong with her, I decided to have her pts.

I am devastated and angry. The vet yesterday was only going to give her Baytril, said she could find nothing wrong, and told me to syringe feed a rabbit with a blockage.

I so sorry that this has happened to your poor little Blossom :(

Sleep tight little Blossom xx

Hugs for you xx

Oh such devastating news weedug.... Huge hugs and love to you.. I am so sorry.

Binky free with no pain gorgeous Blossom...

Fee xxxxxxx

Back