• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am really struggling :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
One pair of bunnies and two individuals really sounds like nothing, compared to the number some people have. But I'm really struggling to find enough hours in the day to give them the attention they deserve :( I am out of the house for work from 8.30 am til 6.20pm. Daisy and Digby have each other so I'm not as concerned about them, although I do like to spend time with them snuggling as they love it :love: Molly is upstairs on her own and I'm trying to spend some time with her so she gets used to me, but that time should really be Olly's :( Olly is getting far less attention than I want to give him. I just feel guilty all the time. I have absolutely no time for my OH and less than half an hour to myself. I'm exhausted :(

It must be hard for you leaving home early and getting home after 6 pm, very tiring. It is easier when they are a couple as they don't rely on you.

Mr B has big sulks when no-one is home for the day but we are still giving them a good life, good food and a certain amount of freedom.

You are doing the best you can. Olly and Molly have good lives.

Aww, I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment :( those lovely photos of Olly and Molly you posted recently showed two very happy, pampered and well looked after bunnies. You seem to be doing a good job to me, and Olly and Molly look like they think so too :thumb: perhaps things seem worse as you are so tired. Look after yourself and be kind to yourself too.

Two of mine are singles too (they fought). I know what you mean about wanting to be there for them more... It is easy to say 'dont worry' but worrying only exhausts you more. Try to have some quality time for yourself (my fave is a long hot bath) and accept that you cannot be all things to all men (or in this case rabbits). Your four sound and look like well cared for lovely rabbits. :wave:

Hiya

I do feel for you as I know how much you care for your buns and how you worry about Olly in particular.

Please try not to worry too much as you look after them so well and do things for their best interest - like the castle for Molly which she seemed to really enjoy :D and then rearranging things for Olly and the lovely home you have outside for Daisy and Digby.

Maybe you could allocate a set time for Olly and Molly every night - sorry if that sounds simplistic but it may give you some peace of mind and a chance to relax as well.

xx

Hi,

I have exactly the same set up as you in terms of a bonded pair and 2 singles.

I also work full time as does O/H out of house 6.45am home 6.30pm.

Thankfully Mimes and Roger have each other. Max and Gracie share a room (with a divide) so although they refuse to bond they can communicate and both are happy with this set up when we're not in. They don't get lonely this way.

Is this an option for you?

Thankfully Mimes and Roger have each other. Max and Gracie share a room (with a divide) so although they refuse to bond they can communicate and both are happy with this set up when we're not in. They don't get lonely this way.

I had suggested this in another thread before I think.....It deffo sounds like a good option if it could happen.

Theoretically it is possible, but Molly is only just settling now that she has the whole room - less space and she gets very stressed and territorial. Also i don't want to shut Olly in any more, and i would have to do that while Molly played out :? Its a no win situation really :(

Hi,

I have exactly the same set up as you in terms of a bonded pair and 2 singles.

I also work full time as does O/H out of house 6.45am home 6.30pm.

i can imagine how it must be stressful. i wish i had a solution for you. because olly can't go anywhere to be bonded, do you think if someone came to your house and attempted the bond again for you that it might work out? i don't know how this would work if the bonding took a while though. :?

the only other thing would be to move molly outside with a new friend and get olly a new friend but that means even more buns! i don't know if that would work if you're time is already stretched.. although at least you would know they had each other. :?

sorry, wish i could help. x

Back