• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nutter Butter, the gray Dutch rabbit!

NutterButter

New Kit
Here is our gray Dutch rabbit named Nutter Butter. He is the first rabbit my boyfriend and I have ever owned!

Bnl9mKg.jpg

UGul8Bs.jpg

We've had him since he was a baby.

SOFmq6y.jpg

We love him very much and cannot wait until we own more Dutch rabbits!

seI5zBY.jpg

Also, hello! This is my first post here. :wave:

Last edited:
Nutterbutter looks agouti coloured from those pics (like my lionhead x dutch Frosty). He is gorgeous.

Why was he being bathed? I have heard it isnt great for rabbits to be bathed... sorry if you already know that.

Why was he being bathed? I have heard it isnt great for rabbits to be bathed... sorry if you already know that.

Oh, I have never heard that! Why is it not okay to bathe rabbits? :(

He seems to do fine. We usually have two shallow pans of water, one soapy and one clean, and we briefly dip him in each (he hangs there all cutely, haha). Afterward, we towel him off and then he grooms himself.

He gets a little grimy after awhile and we like to keep him nice and clean. If it's not good for him though, I'd definitely quit bathing him!

Oh, I have never heard that! Why is it not okay to bathe rabbits? :(

He seems to do fine. We usually have two shallow pans of water, one soapy and one clean, and we briefly dip him in each (he hangs there all cutely, haha). Afterward, we towel him off and then he grooms himself.

He gets a little grimy after awhile and we like to keep him nice and clean. If it's not good for him though, I'd definitely quit bathing him!

Rabbits don't need baths. :)
They groom themselves and are naturally very clean. Bathing them can be detrimental as it removes natural oils in their coat. Also, it's not great for them to be covered in shampoo and things as they can ingest it when they groom afterwards. Nutter Butter will be fine without baths, if you want to pamper Nutter Butter you can brush him and give him nose rubs. Why don't you try teaching him tricks, you can have loads of fun with buns like that. :)

They groom themselves and are naturally very clean. Bathing them can be detrimental as it removes natural oils in their coat. Also, it's not great for them to be covered in shampoo and things as they can ingest it when they groom afterwards. Nutter Butter will be fine without baths, if you want to pamper Nutter Butter you can brush him and give him nose rubs. Why don't you try teaching him tricks, you can have loads of fun with buns like that. :)

:thumb:

Nutterbutter is a very lucky rabbit having you to care for him so beautifully.

Okay, thanks for the info. :)

Back