• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any idea what could cause this ?

Fluffs mum

Warren Scout
Evening all,

Miss binky obviously thought we had not been to the vet enough over the past few weeks...

Went to change their trays this morning and found this ovel mark on her shoulders red the edge was scabby and the middle looked like a bruise and a bit pus under the skin.

Whipped her to the vets and sadly the only one I do not know ws there. She said she did not know what it was or how it was caused :shock: she then shaved her and had a session of laser treatment.

We are back on baytril ... Joy. Did concern me she did not know. They have never been aggressive toward each other she also said could be an insect bite. It's not the best photo as was on the iPad but do our experts have any idea?

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Fluffsmum/media/image_zps8362991a.jpg.html

Thank you .

Looks like 'Baytril Burn' to me-ie a skin reaction to previous injections of Baytril

I hope she was also prescribed some Metacam ?

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply, of course that is where she was injected ! Nothing else just sent home with oral baytril.

Sadly it's the vet I saw this morning that knows the least, what would the metacam do ? She also suggested bathing it with salty water.

Lisa xx

Metacam would act as an anti-inflammatory pain killer

Personally I would not bathe it as that may actually make it worse.

Fab,thank you ... Was going nowhere near her with salty water . Shall I call the vet and ask for some ? Xx should have remembered what it was from last time ! X

Back