• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit poo in runaround tube and run

nori

Young Bun
Silly question no doubt but do you ever clean out the run or tube? Ive just realised how many poos are in there. In the shed they mostly use the litter tray but outside anything goes.

This is one of my jobs for the summer. The best idea I've come up with so far is using the pressure washer on it, but I haven't tried it yet. Mine are the 8ft tubes so I think I should be able to reach it all by doing one end and then the other, but I'm not 100%! Apart from that, the only other idea I could think of was somehow soaking it all in something like a dustbin filled with hot water and soap, (flip it upside down to do both ends) and hoping it all comes away like that...

Could you not just take it apart and then shake it out?
Like does it scrunch in on itself like the green tunnel you can get that's smaller and looks like the runaround?

With ours we stand it on end then shake it really hard. Turn it round and do the same again. I have stuck a hose down it a few times but mainly i empty the tube every other day so don't get to much build up.

With the run we use a brush to remove any poos every day. Great when its dry but a pain when its been raining.

Back