• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure about new toys...

Bought these the other day:
Apparently its the toughest rabbit chew ever. Carrot flavour. Removed the plastic wrapper and they just look/feel like plastic. Not sure whether to give to bunnies or not now?
Anyone seen these before?

Looks like plastic to me. I no-likey. :( It's up to you of course, but I don't think I'd use them. If they are plastic I'd worry to about the carrot flavour - surely it's not real carrot, but some sort of horrible chemical? Maybe you could email the company and check?

They look a bit like those hamster chews you get from p@h I can't find them online and have never bought them but they are shaped like veggies and I think one is shaped like a slice of cheese for mice. They are made of cornstarch I think and have that sort of highly polished sheen to them.

I seriously doubt that those are plastic, likely a plant derivative (such as corn starch) but tbh I still wouldn't feed them. Do they have ingredients on the packet?

Eta I am also not sure about the luminous colour, I look at it and its just shouting 'chemicals!!!'

They were just in a cardboard tray in a local pet shop, and just wrapped in celophane individually, so nothing to read, not sure if they are supposed to be edible, but I'd guess with a flavour they are! I'll see what I can find on google... although I think I'll take them back and not buy things on impulse anymore lol!!

Back