• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopper Haven Bunnies - bunny 037 Mercury

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
Mercury is an English marked grey and white Continental giant cross partly lopped buck with a deformed front foot and a fetish for human feet.

He and his parents came to HH in December 2008 via another rescue that wanted to help them but did not have the space for them. He had been hand reared as the original owners thought the litter was too large for his mother to cope with. The rest of the litter had already been taken to yet another rescue.

Mercury was born on 11/3/2008. His foot deformity was probably caused by his mother's over zealous grooming when he was born. He copes very well with it which is just as well as he developed a nasty infection when he was neutered that was difficult to clear up and the vet does not fancy risking an operation on his leg.

He now lives with his mother Gaia in a deeply bedded stable in the barn needed not for his foot, but for hers, as she has sore patch that is proving hard to heal. He is nearly always being sat on by her, possibly because she wants to keep him from getting up to mischief, like biting the volunteers, or perhaps because he is lovely and soft.

Sadly, being partially lopped he has developed an ear infection which he has treatment for, but has caused facial paralysis.

Mercury is still seeking a sponsor

What a gorgeous bun! I had no idea you'd started your own rescue!

deffo not me.... Hopper Haven are where I got Holly & Pearl from and who took Holly (+Alvin) back last year, Lou (doorkeeper) is a member here but far too busy to post, so I wanted to introduce the gorgeous HH buns to everyone on RU for her :D:D:D:D

Back