• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay For Pets - The Downside

KMazzy

Alpha Buck
OH NO! I didn't realise Hay For Pets used YODEL for deliveries! I feel like I will never get my hay now. Who knows where it will end up?

Yodel are so completely incompetent and ridiculous. I should have done better research before ordering my hay. :(

Has anyone had any good experiences recently with their Hay For Pets delivery?

OH NO! I didn't realise Hay For Pets used YODEL for deliveries! I feel like I will never get my hay now. Who knows where it will end up?

Yodel are so completely incompetent and ridiculous. I should have done better research before ordering my hay. :(

Has anyone had any good experiences recently with their Hay For Pets delivery?

I have never had any problems with my hay for pets deliveries. Always arrived bang on time and with a cheerful driver.... Tho he does insist on asking why don't you just pick some grass instead, I have tried to explain that it is hay not grass but "hay is bright yellow, this is green so it is grass" :roll::lol:

Haha. Mine love grass but always get hay as well. Bit like bread and toast. One is a dryer version of the other :lol:

I dont go online with any company that uses YODEL.. i have had nightmare experiences with them.. Find DPD up here are the best,,

I dont go online with any company that uses YODEL.. i have had nightmare experiences with them.. Find DPD up here are the best,,

I didn't know they were going to use Yodel :(
My hay is in Preston and has been there since yesterday. Will it ever move?

Can you not contact Hay for Pets... your contract is with them?.. Perhaps they can courier it up using someone else.... YODEL are oants,,,,, GRrrrrrrrr!!,

All the best
Fee xxx

It's such a shame these delivery companies can't get consistency across the country.
My yodel man is my favourite delivery man :love:

I had 3 deliveries from Yodel... each time they SAID they had out a card through the door, they didnt, when I phoned. they couldnt help as I had no tracking number... I finally had enough, went on the net, found the MD's name and tried every conceivable email address I could think of and bingo, got him, he phoned me personally..

My delivery had been shipped back to the USA... they arranged delivery, and phoned me every step of the way and I finally got delivery after a month

I cant stand them , incompetent lot.. You must be really lucky with your wee man,,, Up here they are pants.

Yodel are fine where I am - I have no problems whatsoever and they always leave it whre I say on the instructions to graham.

I can Yodel Yodels praises.

J

I quite like my yodel lady, although I must admit the first few times I used them they were pants but I think this is a new delivery lady. She likes Dotty and asks after her if I bump into her in public :love:

Can you not contact Hay for Pets... your contract is with them?.. Perhaps they can courier it up using someone else.... YODEL are oants,,,,, GRrrrrrrrr!!,

All the best
Fee xxx

I don't think they would be able to get it back from yodel. Once yodel have a parcel they seem reluctant to give it up! OR they just fling it somewhere vaguely near your house but don't tell you.

BattleKat - maybe I will be lucky and get a good courier this time! (ps did you collect your mice already?)

How do I do two quotes in one reply?

BattleKat - maybe I will be lucky and get a good courier this time! (ps did you collect your mice already?)
I haven't yet! sorry, things have been really busy and I totally forgot about the hay!

I open up the second quote in a new tab then copy paste the text in to the first quote, if that makes sense. There may well be an easier way to do it though :lol:

I have never had a problem with H4P deliveries. I only get my hay from them and even when I got a bad batch of hay, I emailed them and the very next day I had a brand new bale, free of charge! :thumb:
I have always been impressed with the delivery times, usually only takes 2-4 days for it to arrive and if I'm not in they will give it to a neighbour or pop it over my side gate :)

I don't think they would be able to get it back from yodel. Once yodel have a parcel they seem reluctant to give it up! OR they just fling it somewhere vaguely near your house but don't tell you.

see the button next to the "reply with quote" button? If you click that on one post and then the "reply with quote" button you'll get 2 quotes. That or you can click it on 2 seperate posts, read the rest of the thread and then click the normal reply button :)

see the button next to the "reply with quote" button? If you click that on one post and then the "reply with quote" button you'll get 2 quotes. That or you can click it on 2 seperate posts, read the rest of the thread and then click the normal reply button :)

Thank you! I mostly read the internet with the Decreased Productivity extension turned on so I hadn't even noticed that button!

I can tell if its City Link or Yodel delivering my h4p hay.. My current order is most definitely Yodel! City Link I get it within 3 days, Yodel.. I have been waiting a week + before :evil:

Didn't know hay4pets used yodel never had an issue with hay4pets orders

However have had lots of issues with other orders with yodel :/

Worst experience with deliveries was with Hermes thu put my dressing gown in the recycling bin :( they didn't put the card through the door and i didn't see it and continued to fill the bin up it nearly went out with the bins on the Monday and if I hadent emptied it out to take some to the tip I wouldn't have seen it the bin leaks so the parcel was soaked and I had to wash it before waring it

You can't contact Hermes a out the packages as they will only speak to the sender... Thankfully the sender had words and refunded me the shipping

Never had any problems with my H4P deliveries, had the same driver since I've been using them, to two different properties and they've always been fine.

We never have a problem either. Graham at Hay for Pets puts "please put over back gate" on the label and they always do.

I would say then that its very dependent on your local distribution centre and the staff... Reckon I have been exceptionally unlucky,,,,,

Back