• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ellie's all wobbly u/d back home but still unsteady...should i worry?

LainiT

Warren Scout
She was fine last night, but is moving around like a newborn fawn now. Off to take kids to school then got a vet appt. No sign of a tilty head....please any ideas before I go. Bless her she's not eating anything either :(

Last edited:
She was fine last night, but is moving around like a newborn fawn now. Off to take kids to school then got a vet appt. No sign of a tilty head....please any ideas before I go. Bless her she's not eating anything either :(

Poor girl :cry:

It may be EC or a bacterial middle ear infection

Are her eyeballs flicking (nystagmus) ?

Thanks Jane...her eyes look normal, she just looks really scared. Bless her, sat under her bridge...she never sits there:(

They've kept her in. Just come back for some stuff...they're gonna think I'm crazy bunny lady but I know what a stressy bunny Ellie is. Bandit is with her. Vet is undecided what is wrong so gonna treat her for ear infection and EC. She's hoping that I've caught whatever it is early then it'll make things easier to treat. Feeling sad :(

Tracy I was secretly hoping I'd see you and your little miracle bunny there :wave: hope he's doing ok, not had chance to check on here this morning. Paws are crossed for your house too. XxX

They've kept her in. Just come back for some stuff...they're gonna think I'm crazy bunny lady but I know what a stressy bunny Ellie is. Bandit is with her. Vet is undecided what is wrong so gonna treat her for ear infection and EC. She's hoping that I've caught whatever it is early then it'll make things easier to treat. Feeling sad :(

Tracy I was secretly hoping I'd see you and your little miracle bunny there :wave: hope he's doing ok, not had chance to check on here this morning. Paws are crossed for your house too. XxX

I hope Ellie makes a quick recovery and they can get to the bottom of what is causing her problems. Poor little girl.

The vet talked about keeping baby Cookie in last night to monitor his tummy, so you nearly got the chance to meet him again. We're back again this evening for his daily check up and if we still have no poos then he may well be hospitalised. I'll be taking his cage and bedding with me just in case.

I know how worried you will be about Ellie. We will keep everything crossed for your little girl. xx

Can't stop worrying what's going on now I'm back home. At least she's in the right place so they can treat whatever symptoms develop. There was nothing visible in her ear when the vet examined her, but it did dawn on me Ellie was having a right good scratch at the back of her ear last night on a few occasions...is an ear infection better news than EC?? What will the vet be looking for now?? Its too quiet without them bouncing about around my feet.

Tracy, hoping you see a few bunny poos today...you've done such an amazing job with little Cookie, he's completely and utterly scrumptious!:love:

Thanks all for the vibes, will be no doubt asking for more help an advice as things progress. X

Just spoken to the vet and she's pretty sure that Ellie's a bit more steady than she was this morning :D At least she hasn't got any worse which is the news I was dreading. Still no wonky head. YAY!

She's inclined to think its her ears because she's responding quicker than she would with EC treatment, so I suppose that's the better of the 2 options for us. Ellie is starting to pick at food a little bit too, and she's done one tiny little poo which has got them all v excited down the vets apparently :lol:

They'll be keeping the buns there tonight and I get them back tomorrow woo hoo!!! Bandit has also been treated for EC too just in case.

So if it IS her ears what is the prognosis...I guess need to do my research on this one now, gotta love RU...you lot know EVERYTHING :):thumb:

Thanks Jane, I know its early days but I'm just happy to hear she's not got any worse today. Was dreading it being bad news x

Back