• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Himmie Has Smut?

Hello everyone! My himalayan has a small smut on her back, I have no clue how it got there! She is only 4 months old and we have a show at the end of next month. Is there a way to get rid of the smut?

I'm assuming by "smut" you mean she has a dirty mark in her fur? Do you know if it is dirt or if it is her actual fur?

Very feint in the centre of her back along the spine? Looks like part of her natural colouring. She is GORGEOUS.

Are you UK or USA based? I don't think anyone on this forum has experience of showing in the USA and very few have experience in the UK. Why not ask the breeder? I'm assuming if you think the rabbit is show quality it must of come from someone who shows so they'd be the best to ask

Are you UK or USA based? I don't think anyone on this forum has experience of showing in the USA and very few have experience in the UK. Why not ask the breeder? I'm assuming if you think the rabbit is show quality it must of come from someone who shows so they'd be the best to ask

:thumb:

I assume DQ means disqualification. You're best of speaking to the breeder or some sort of society/club who will know the breed standards and showing standards :)

I don't have a clue about showing, but my guess would be that may be a DQ as it's brown in the middle of a white bit?

But she's absolutely gorgeous and a healthy bunny, so I'd be delighted with that!

ETA: The answer to your question is freely available on the internet with a google search but actually I'm a bit concerned... what are you going to do with her if she's not of show standard?

Last edited:
Back