• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they be warm enough?

Fluffs mum

Warren Scout
Afternoon all,

The bunnies at the moment are outside in the day and then I am bringing them in in the evening. Only because of temperature . They have a playhouse that it 4x4 and an attached run . The playhouse door I'd their way out in , have not cut a hole for a cat flap yet. They seem very happy out there but with the door open or even open a bit will they be warm enough overnight? In the playhouse is a bottom of the rabbit cages filled with hay. The run has a cover over to keep them dry ... Although they did not seem to mind being wet :roll:.

My husband is away this week so will be at least a week and a bit before the cat flap is in .. Not bad a d.i.y myself but with a jigsaw.... Err no ..

So would you keep bringing them in overnight ? Or am I over thinking it ..... For a change :D....

Where abouts are you?? Because I am in Lancashire, and at the moment it is actually a lot warmer outside than it is in the house!! At this time of year buns will be fine outside, you should worry more if they will be too warm! X

leave them :) you should never swap between being indoors and outdoors like that really as it can cause respiratory issues :)

I put my previously indoor buns (one for the whole 3 years of his life) outdoors in their playhouse/run a couple of weeks ago and they have been fine. I'm in Scotland. In fact, if it's not raining they like to sleep out in their run, so they must be warm enough. Or very stupid... :lol:

Phew thank you... Eek with the respiratory problems .... Is it silly that I really really miss them at the moment.

Also I think miss binky might be less happy outside at the moment .. If we had room inside I would so so keep them inside ... Sob.. Slaps own face the will be fine.. Good god what am I going to be like when it's cold ! Xx

Did not sleep very well :roll: daft I know but they were fine this morning and even binky who seemed a bit sad last night was keen to eat pellets this morning and drinking well... Phew ! Thank you all again !

Back