• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Faye and Fran - update with photos

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Despite it feeling far too soon (for me) I decided to start bonding Faye and Fran today. Poor Frangipan has been in a small pen in my bedroom for months since her two companions were killed by a fox. She has recently significantly reduced the amount she is eating and I think it is because she is bored and miserable. She was supposed to be bonded with Hovis but he has bonded himself to my trio:shock:

If I hadn't started this week it would have had to wait at least a fortnight as I am feeding someone's cats next week which means I have to leave the house even when I am not at work as such.

It will be a slow bond because of my shift pattern. So far they are in a pen with a divider. Fran is nomming happily (which has confirmed my suspicion she was desperate for bunny company) but Faye is looking fed-up and hasn't touched the forage. I am worried now that it is too soon for her. I will hate to see Faye with anybun but Furby but equally I don't want her to remain alone.

Easy bonding vibes would be greatly appreciated. Furby and Faye were the easiest bond I have ever done - it really was love at first sight. Faye does not look that impressed with Fran:(

Last edited:
Hi :wave:
hope it all goes well, keep us updated. I think you are doing the right thing by starting it now, good luck :thumb:

Thank you for the good wishes.

It isn't going very well:(

Initially, Fran and Faye ignored each other, then they kind of rubbed noses, which I thought was a good sign, then Fran continually humped poor Faye, frontwards, backwards and even from the side. Faye tolerated this for a few times and then retaliated and they both jumped in the air and started chasing each other around the pen.

There have been no injuries and no nasty fighting. At the moment they are both flopped out quietly. I have had strong words with them as if this doesn't work they will both have to be single buns as much as I would love to I can't afford to adopt another bunny.

I do feel sorry for Faye as she has only just lost her husbun (who also used to hump her occasionally). When Fran was bonded with Bumble, Molly and Dylan she was never humpy at all.

Having said all that, both buns have eaten the forage I put in for them, so hopefully neither are that stressed - unlike me!!!!!

They will be separated by a divider tonight as I am working tomorrow so need to get some sleep. I knew it would be a slow bond. I have Thurs, Fri and Sat at home so hopefully by the end of Sat I will know if it's going to work or if it's a definite 'no'.

I feel bad doing it this soon and hope Furby understands. It feels like I am just replacing him with Fran:(

Aww I know how awful it is, rebonding after you have recently lost a bun :( I recently tried but unfortunately it didn't work out and they are living separate :( I do hope your two settle down for you and like each other. Mega vibes coming their way! Xxx

Hope the bonding goes smoothly for Faye & Fragipan and things settle down, I find Hawthorn/bramble branches and forage are really good for distracting bunnies whilst bonding; Keeps them busy for a while anyway.

Best of luck, sending bonding vibes for Faye & Fragipan :thumb:

Best of luck Karen, bonding isn't easy.

I didn't know Hovis had bonded himself to your trio. I am glad he has friends now as I remember how awful it was for you bonding him with Marnie Moo.

Haven't seen Sam on here for ages, hope she is well. Also hope the pain of losing Furby gets a bit easier.

Hope to see you sometime this summer.

Good luck Hun.

Furby knows you are not replacing him, Faye needs a new parter as does Fran, I do so hope it works out! :love:

They seem to have settled down a little now. I decided to take the risk to leave them together while I went to the loo and put some tea in the oven. I left the door open and they are in the next room so I can hear if they fight - and they didn't. They both seem to be snoozing:)

I don't have any branches to give them. I am sure there would be lots in my client's parents' huge garden but I am never sure quite what is what so only picked forage I recognised when I wandered around the garden this morning 'weeding' :)

Sam is fine, Amanda. She is getting steadily bigger. I went over last week for supper and a Rosie cuddle.

I keep meaning to do a thread about Hovis and the trio - it went against all the rules of bonding but they seem very happy:) I guess sometimes buns just want to choose their own companions.

I so hope this bond works as I hate the idea of single buns but worry about upsetting my pair or my newly formed quad by trying to bond Fran and Faye with them.

I've just noticed I haven't given Faye and Fran any water:oops: I don't have a neutral bottle so will have to put a bowl in the pen.

They are flopped near each other which is hopefully a good sign.

I am glad to hear they are settled and flopping together Karen, I guess it does take them a while to adjust to their new friends.

I remember when Pickle was paired up after loosing our Bella, at first he was quite reluctant and depressed with grief and it took a while for him to accept Pixie and to move on, It was very hard at first to see him happy again with another bunny but it was definitely worth it as hard as it was; Pickle was alone 12 days and that was long enough as he was just so depressed.

You've done the right thing by your bunnies, sending more vibes for F&F and some to yourself.

Thank you for your support.

There has been no more fighting or humping. Both bunnies seem worn out. I am going to put the divider up while I go to bed as it is far too soon to leave them unsupervised for any length of time, although I have had to feed and put my other buns to bed as well as feed myself.

They have both nommed their supper - Fran is definitely more interested in food. She is in a litter tray and Faye is flopped outside the tray but by her side - so choosing to be near her.

It will be odd going to bed without Fran in my room. She frequently woke me up so hopefully I will sleep better.

Will check them both over for injuries before I go to bed. I don't think I will find any but want to make sure.

Fran has just done a DBF in the tray and looks totally relaxed. She has been lonely for so long since her two companions went to the Bridge - although she has been in my bedroom I don't speak fluent bunny:)

:shock: I didn't even know about neutral water. Never crossed my mind.

Glad Sam and Rosie are well. Great to know it all worked out for Hovis too.

Sounds like it is working well for Fran and Faye, hope it continues to go well.

Thank you all for your support.

I am not really sure how it is going:?

Fran and Faye are more or less ignoring each other. Occasionally Fran will hump Faye or Faye will chase Fran but for 90% of the time they are both just flopped out.

Carob came over yesterday - with cakes:) - and she agreed with me that neither bun seems stressed - they are just not really 'bonding'. Faye has chewed holes in the towel I have put on the floor (so glad she is an outdoor bunny!) She is frequently looking for an escape route out of the pen so when I put the divider up (I have to leave them sometimes as I live alone) I put a cover over her half. Fran never got out of the pen in my bedroom so she is unlikely to bother to jump out of this one.

Fran has groomed Faye for a short while, which was promising:)

Just wish they would hurry up as I need this room Monday evening for a counselling client. I'll have to move the buns into the lounge if I need to. I did realise that was a possibility as some bonds do take longer than others.

They are both nomming more hay than usual, which is wonderful to see!

I am not working now until Sunday so they will be together for much longer periods of time and I may try and sleep in the armchair tonight, depending on how the bond is going.

Last edited:
Back