• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone tried dust free hay ?

I have literally just received my first ever bag today. First thought is, expensive for the amount, I certainly got a heavier bag for less at hayforpets. Delivery was very quick though.

My hayforpets bag isn't finished yet but I will try and remember to report back.

I'm trying dustfree as I have a bunny who appears to have developed a hay allergy this season :roll:

I've also just had my first delivery. Had a large bag from Hay for Pets last time, which the bunnies loved but it was very dusty and made me a bit sneezy every time I fed them! You definitely get less for your money with the dust free hay but it certainly has been dust extracted - no problems with sneezing at all and less messy too. The only downside is that the bunnies don't seem to be enjoying it as much!

Always have the soft hay and mine all love it, the French hay even more so although it is expensive for the amount you get.

Well I opened it and it is VERY compressed. My pathetic hands barely get a clump out at a time! Haha

Buns seem to be eating it and it smells nice :)

I regularly use Dust Free Hay - getting a delivery tomorrow. I am getting their French Hay at the moment and my rabbits love it.

The bale is very compacted and I struggled to 'decant' it. However, if you cut right down the long side, rather than the open the top, it is very easy to pull away.

I must admit I have not tried any other online company so cannot compare, but as it stands, I find Dust Free hay really good :)

Back