• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Viv clean

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Is the cleaning solution Viv clean (used for reptiles) safe to use in the same house as bunnies? I know not to use it FOR the bunnies but if they came into contact with it, would it harm them?

THIS IS NOT AN OCD QUESTION!!

Probably best to just phone the manufacturer and ask to be honest.....they should have a datasheet that says if it is safe for use in areas with other animals.

Thankyou Jane. I have called and they said they dont think it would be a problem butdont know for sure and they dont have an ingredients list.:?

Is there any reason why you can't use the cleaner that you use for the buns stuff on the snails enclosure?

If you use vinegar or something I can see why you wouldn't want to use that. However, milton baby sterilising fluid and any disinfectant designed for small animals should be safe for both gastropods and buns.

Good reptile viv cleaners will usually be bactericidal to kill salmonella if it is present.

I use F-10SC at 1:250 for full cleans and 1:500 for general use for the reptiles, bunnies and parrot. Have done for at least 5 years with no ill effects, but always spray on and leave for 15 minutes before wiping dry and don't allow any of the pets access until after the final wipe down. Our vets use it to wipe down examination tables between consults.

Good reptile viv cleaners will usually be bactericidal to kill salmonella if it is present.

I use F-10SC at 1:250 for full cleans and 1:500 for general use for the reptiles, bunnies and parrot. Have done for at least 5 years with no ill effects, but always spray on and leave for 15 minutes before wiping dry and don't allow any of the pets access until after the final wipe down. Our vets use it to wipe down examination tables between consults.

Good post. :thumb:

We used F10 for our leopard gecko enclosure, and I'm now using it for the rabbits' litter trays too. It's also very economical, as you dilute it yourself, so (although a small bottle seems expensive) it works out cheaper than the bottled sprays.

Thanku guys.To avoid awmy problems I took the cleaner back and got Beaphar deep clean which wouldnt cause the buns any problems.

The cleaners used for bunnies can harm snails if they are scented.

One more question- would it be safe to use normal antibacterial spray in the samegqoon as snails? Would airbourne particals cause harm?

Back