• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think I got enough?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I did a fair bit of foraging on my dog walk this evening...

D32CBDAE-86A5-45B7-B06D-559A03395FB5-8004-0000087DE80E1512_zpse9e04502.jpg

They are (in no particular order)... Broad leaf plantain, ribwort plantain, coltsfoot, bramble, wild rose - 2 varieties, rowan, hawthorn and goats willow and a comfrey leaf (to try again as they weren't so keen last time! I also have a bit of herb Robert left over from yesterday :D They're going to be some well fed bunnies this week!

I'm impressed as I wouldn't have recognised any of those! :D

I'm impressed with myself tbh :lol: last year it was pretty much dandelions, plantain and coltsfoot but I've noticed loads more things right on my doorstep this year! And I now carry some nail clippers (rabbit ones) with me as they're perfect for snipping off branches and spiky leaves, last year I was always unprepared when I saw anything like that!

The only thing we have brought back, apart from dandelions which even I can spot :), were apple tree branches which they loved. There were only a few branches without a mossy growth though.

I'm always worried that'll Ill get the wrong thing.

The only thing we have brought back, apart from dandelions which even I can spot :), were apple tree branches which they loved. There were only a few branches without a mossy growth though.

I'm always worried that'll Ill get the wrong thing.

What is the problem with mossy growth?

What is the problem with mossy growth?

I've always avoided branches with moss too just in case! Don't know if its bad or not tho?! I might steal some apple and rose leaves today at work, I have to go to a specific place for apple leaves/branches so don't get too often but theres an apple tree in the garden at work and loads of rose bushes! The roses aren't fully out yet but I collect all the fallen petals when they do :lol: Any neighbours watching would think I'm a loon!! :lol:

I'm also getting a nickname at work as the 'mad bunny woman' as I carry a spare plastic bag around and am always on the lookout for tasty bits and pieces for the buns. Probably a bit obsessive now! :D:lol:

I'm also getting a nickname at work as the 'mad bunny woman' as I carry a spare plastic bag around and am always on the lookout for tasty bits and pieces for the buns. Probably a bit obsessive now! :D:lol:

Luckily I work alone so can do it sneakily :lol: It's hard to ignore stuff that u see tho :oops: I get most of mine right near my house but I'm always conscious that the neighbours will wonder why the heck I regularly collect leaves :lol: It's also good having the dogs as u can be more casual about it whilst our and about!

Back