• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost pet bunny! Can you help?- Surrey

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Hi my CPN's Son found a little bunny on his way home from school, there is no sign of the owner, the bunny has been taken to the vet and is healthy, the vets are looking after him/her for now but will not indefinatly so we need to find her a home, my CPN is worried that they may pts if he/she is there long.

So if you are able to take on a bunny or you are a rescue or know of a rescue that has spaces, we are in Haslemere Surrey.

Hi my CPN's Son found a little bunny on his way home from school, there is no sign of the owner, the bunny has been taken to the vet and is healthy, the vets are looking after him/her for now but will not indefinatly so we need to find her a home, my CPN is worried that they may pts if he/she is there long.

So if you are able to take on a bunny or you are a rescue or know of a rescue that has spaces, we are in Haslemere Surrey.

Hi rachylou. Can you pm me with details of which vet the rabbit is being cared for by? I am a fosterer for a local rescue and we might be able to take him/her to care for whilst owner is being located/rehome if owner isn't found.

Aww really hope this bunny finds either it owner or a lovely new home. It must be the lost bunny week, we picked one up last Wednesday, hes now bunny number 3 at our house:oops:

CPN has put photo free posters up around the area. If there is no luck he will be in touch with Lindsay!

Just to update this - sorry it's been so long. Rachy's CPN brought the bunny over to me after the posters had been up for a week and no-one claimed this little one, so I'm now fostering the little bunny on behalf of Guildford RSPCA.

Sadly she was in a bit of a poor state, with a nasty eye infection, some urine scalding/staining, and very poor teeth. She is going to be having an x-ray this week to see whether her tooth roots are contributing to the eye problems, and she'll have the tear ducts flushed through to give the antibiotic eye drops a better chance of beating the infection. She'll have her teeth burred as well.

Here she is, when she arrived. I named her Cicely. She is very timid, but is slowly coming out of her shell. I'll try and remember to update with (hopefully) some more positive photos when she is feeling a bit better.

DSCN0961.jpg

Thanks to Rachylou and her CPN for saving this little one :love:

Aww :( She's so pretty :( I hope she can make a full recovery and find a good home through guildford rspca :) One of my buns is from mil brook

Oh Lindsey she is beautiful. Poor baby girl. I imagine her previous owners didn't want to treat or couldn't so turned her out :-(

If I can be of any help let me know. I hope she isn't going to have serious dental issues and that it's just an infection. Sadly that face looks all too familiar.

I love her already.

Thanks guys, yes she is beautiful. Fingers crossed she will be ok after a bit of tlc and some proper treatment.

Hi Helen, yes she is a real sweetie. I think that must be what happened, that someone wasn't able to get her the treatment she needed. I think she fell on her feet being found by rachylou's CPN.

The eye looks like Gabriel's doesn't it :( we'll see what is going on when she goes in on Wednesday. One eye has improved a lot with just drops, but the other is still really sticky and loads of yucky stuff comes out when I massage it.

I love her too. She doesn't quite trust me yet, but is so good when I have to massage her eyes and put the drops in :love:

Oh Lindsey she is beautiful. Poor baby girl. I imagine her previous owners didn't want to treat or couldn't so turned her out :-(

If I can be of any help let me know. I hope she isn't going to have serious dental issues and that it's just an infection. Sadly that face looks all too familiar.

I love her already.

Well I can see her flourishing with the correct care. Very similar eyes to Gabriel and many others we've seen but hopefully in her case it will be fixable. :)

Nose rubs from me please

Back