• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been keeping these quiet,more pics pt 12

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
So wasn't going to post these but then thought why not!! I know i'll get loads of hate etc but you can't please everyone, abuse away..I shall properly just ignore you! however advice is always welcomed

Early hours of Friday morning, Darcy had 2 tiny black kittens! the first was born tail first, she wasn't really bothered by them, and didn't feed them much or take notice, so I was hand feeding them every 2 hours until sunday morning, when she had 2 more.. ginger kittens, twice the size and more developed, which explains why she wasn't bothered by the first 2, thankfully she is now feeding all 4, tho the black ones are still very small they are slowly gaining weight, they still have a fight tho, the little tinkers have refused the last 2 replacement feeds tho!

now for some pics

first 2 born... she fed them for a bit
1017273_10201314352999467_615763356_n.jpg

996717_10201324692417946_1844148369_n.jpg

2 ginger ones..
945651_10201330049511870_18722804_n.jpg

225820_10201330316678549_478453_n.jpg

993043_10201330393760476_1293575965_n.jpg

pic from this mornng
998666_10201337250051879_516614331_n.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww, so cute. My absolute favourite cats are ginger ones, I had the best cat ever growing up and he was ginger :love:

Will you be keeping any of this litter or will they be going to new homes? Hope they all continue to thrive!!

Have you spoken to the vet regarding supplementing them? I ask as Mum's milk is made on a supply and demand basis (just like human milk!) and obviously will suit them better than anything else, as it is designed for their species. If you supplement then Mum will simply produce less milk than she needs to and this could cause her milk to dry up early in some cases. Also, I am not an expert in cats, but in dogs the back teats tend to be most productive and so popping smaller puppies on the back teats at every opportunity usually means they catch up without needing supplementation. So you could ask your vet if the same applies to cats too?

Have you spoken to the vet regarding supplementing them? I ask as Mum's milk is made on a supply and demand basis (just like human milk!) and obviously will suit them better than anything else, as it is designed for their species. If you supplement then Mum will simply produce less milk than she needs to and this could cause her milk to dry up early in some cases. Also, I am not an expert in cats, but in dogs the back teats tend to be most productive and so popping smaller puppies on the back teats at every opportunity usually means they catch up without needing supplementation. So you could ask your vet if the same applies to cats too?

now she is feeding them again, im only topping them up in the morning and before I go to bed, but if there not taking it then im guessing they are full... which is a good thing, the ginger ones take from her so that should be enough to keep her milk going, shouldn't it? and yes it is the same for cats the back teats are better :) also easier to latch onto aswell x

haha! How can you afford so many cats?! Are there any more litters to come (excluding these kits, if you keep any) or is that all?

easy, just buy cat tins and biscuits in bulk! they have 5 tins between the 9 of them, and we buy them in a packs of 24 for £10

they get wet food 3 times a week and biscuits all the time, biscuits are afew quid from asda or p@h, me and mum alternate it, one month I buy next month she buys x

and no more to come, we have 1 unspayed left who's hopefully being spayed next month, but as she isn't already pregnant its unlikly to until next year, in which she will be spayed anyway

I want to, but mum says no....im working on her!!! ;)

Please don't keep any more, I'm not going to give you grief for this litter, what's done is done, but if you keep any females you're just going to be saying the same next year.

Let them get rehomed and hopefully to people who will have them spayed and keep them just as lovely pets :)

They're adorable :love: I hope you manage to find them good, responsible homes where they will be neutered. Are you getting the mummy cat spayed once shes finished rearing them? Do you have un neutered males, or has she got pregnant because shes been let out? I foster for the RSPCA and we are absolutely over run with kittens, and mums and kittens :(

They're adorable :love: I hope you manage to find them good, responsible homes where they will be neutered. Are you getting the mummy cat spayed once shes finished rearing them? Do you have un neutered males, or has she got pregnant because shes been let out? I foster for the RSPCA and we are absolutely over run with kittens, and mums and kittens :(

yh they'll all find good home :) and yh she'll be spayed, and I no, 4 of out current cats are rescued :)

im not a cat lover, but they are cute babies and mum, it looks like the bigger babies are keeping the smaller black ones warm :love:

They are beautiful kittens and they're mum is gorgeous. :love:

I hope they all continue to do well. Keep posting the piccies please :D

Back