• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice please. out buns now house buns not happy

sarattie

Alpha Buck
Advice please. When my housebun died. I bought my 2 bonded outside buns in. I bought a hige corner cage as a base. They have been indoors a couple of months now and I have the door open all the time. They just never venture out and run about the house. Even when it is late and quiet with only me there they dont hop out. If I take them out they just wander back. If I put their food outside they hop out to eat then go back. Are they destined to not be housebuns! I just cant think they are happy :( I was so used to a george who was like a cat or dog always out and being sociable cohld ot be as there are 2 they prefer just to snuggle up or too used to being outside? :(

I have tried making hidey holes and tunnels with treats in and also when there is none (including me) about so is very quiet.
They are just not bothered!! They are happy enough and not nervy or flighty... they just sit snuggled up staring at the door!

Fo I move them back outside or persevere?

some rabbits thrive inside and some rabbits thrive inside, when they were outside how did they behave? I would probably put them back outside and see if they perk up :(

some rabbits thrive inside and some rabbits thrive inside, when they were outside how did they behave? I would probably put them back outside and see if they perk up :(

They looked much the same to be honest but wpuld happily run arpind the garden
But I can only let them out free in the garden when im watchig in case of cats or foxes etc
Indoors its totally open so more space to roam... if only they would :(

How long have they been in? It might seem a short distance but it's a bit change so it will be like settling into a new home and take awhile :)

Are you sure they aren't sneaking out at night when you are asleep?

What's the flooring? Some bunnies dislike anything slipy like wood/tile.

Back