• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shocked when I looked in Mr Bennett's litter tray.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I went to clean it out and thought oh no his pooes have gone a light colour, then remembered that is how they are meant to look - Golden.:shock: They were quite big for him too.

This is huge progress for Mr B, his pooes have never been great and never golden.

I wonder if it could be the medication helping, either the zantac or metocloprimade ? Mr B has never had zantac before. Perhaps his diet and the meds ?

Since he has been unwell he has mainly eaten a lot of kale, coriander, a carrot a day and a bit of dill. Hardly any pellets and only a few crunchies. He has been enthusiastically eating hay yesterday and today, but he is generally a good hay eater. The difference in his diet has been a huge increase in vegetables and not many pellets. I have avoided giving much veg in the past due to him getting a mucky bottom.

In my experience it is usually the concentrated feed that causes a mucky bum, not Veg.

If you could get him on to a Hay/Veg only diet you may find he not only remains clean but that he wont need Dentals so frequently :D

In my experience it is usually the concentrated feed that causes a mucky bum, not Veg.

If you could get him on to a Hay/Veg only diet you may find he not only remains clean but that he wont need Dentals so frequently :D

Thanks Jane.

The other two have a huge bowl of veg every evening and no problems. Cutie-pie only needs a dental once a year and we know her teeth were not great when I got her. Both good hay and vegetable eaters.

I always used to fed a lot of veggies to all my previous buns too. Looks like I had it the wrong way round and its the pellets that have been a problem.

I will follow on a Hay/Veg only diet as it seems to have had a great effect. I will moniter his progress. It should also be better for his coat and all over general health.

Back