• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How does you bunny react when you stick something in the cage?

seriously, i wouldn't do that. if you want to put your hand at risk, go for it. but your face and particularly your eyes, and the veins in your neck... you're taking more chances than you realise. you're an intruder in your bunny's territory and if you catch him/her unawares or on a bad day, you could bear the scars for life.

I put my head in the hutch all the time. :?
I get nose bumps and demands for cuddles too. :)

Depends on the bunny I guess, Ludo's not bothered (and not in the least territorial) and neither was Harry.

Half the time he doesn't notice, the only thing he does tend to notice is me putting in fresh newspaper because after fresh newspaper comes that exciting time of the night when all the hay in the room is changed and he gets very very excited and won't get out of my way because he keeps jumping around to jump in the hay bag. :roll:

I suppose the reason I don't get a nose bump or a kiss or a bite or anything is because the hutch is in my room and the door is nearly always open Unless hoovering or whatever) and he freeranges, so the whole room is our shared territory.

seriously, i wouldn't do that. if you want to put your hand at risk, go for it. but your face and particularly your eyes, and the veins in your neck... you're taking more chances than you realise. you're an intruder in your bunny's territory and if you catch him/her unawares or on a bad day, you could bear the scars for life.

Don't worry, shooter isn't territorial and I was putting food in, but my head was at the door and he hopped up and nose bumped me:)
Sorry if I confused you:);)

Pickles would growl and fly and me - sounds funny but it's actually pretty scary! In the open space of my bedroom he's far more chilled out, I just have to approach him slowly, and with my nose (for him to lick) rather than my hand. My dad and brother will not learn and always offer him their hands, as if he were a dog, so he attacks them. :roll:

I love your siggy by the way Shooter, and if I haven't said so already, welcome to RU! :D

mine don't have a cage and I can't stick my head inside their litter trays or I'd get stuck :lol: but when I lower my head Sebastian gives me nose bumps, and if Imogen is feeling very brave she might sniff me :love: one of the bunnies that I'm looking after at the moment gives me nose bumps every day when I go around to feed him and his friends :love:

Mine don't have cages, the indoor rabbits free range in bedrooms. Not that that stops them seeking you out for fuss or food :roll: Same with the rabbits who live in a shed, they're more hay orientated though!

Mine don't have cages, the indoor rabbits free range in bedrooms. Not that that stops them seeking you out for fuss or food :roll: Same with the rabbits who live in a shed, they're more hay orientated though!

Out of interest, how do you hoover their rooms? Do you put them in a carrier? If we leave Ludo loose he runs after the hoover and obviously that's not safe..

Out of interest, how do you hoover their rooms? Do you put them in a carrier? If we leave Ludo loose he runs after the hoover and obviously that's not safe..

Leo and Kerbie have lino in there room and if they're being massive pains in the bum, to make it easier, we stick them in the carrier :oops: :lol: They start chasing the broom!

Poppy isn't bothered by loud noises so I just hoover around her :oops: :lol: Her room is laminate but she has 3 rugs, 2 of which are easy to hoover, the big one has a blanket over it so I just shake that off and change them if needed. Just because that rug started wearing at her feetsies a bit :)

Pickles would growl and fly and me - sounds funny but it's actually pretty scary! In the open space of my bedroom he's far more chilled out, I just have to approach him slowly, and with my nose (for him to lick) rather than my hand. My dad and brother will not learn and always offer him their hands, as if he were a dog, so he attacks them. :roll:

I love your siggy by the way Shooter, and if I haven't said so already, welcome to RU! :D

Yeah shooter gets scary sometimes! LOL
Thankyou!

Back