• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My gorgeous brave Furby has gone to the Bridge

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been out to put the buns to bed and to give Furby his medication and found him laying in his run, dead.

I am a complete mess. I am on my own - there is no-one I can call. I had to chase the buns in the other run to get them to go to bed and it took ages. Then I picked up Furby and wrapped him in the blankie I used to snuggle him in when I nebulised him. He looked very peaceful. I've cuddled him and told him how much I love him and that I am so sorry that he died alone and I so hope he wasn't in pain.

I feel so bad as he didn't seem to want his breakfast but when I moved away from the pen I did see him start to nom a little. I havent syringe fed him for ages and now worry I've starved him but he seemed to be eating for himself, albeit slowly. He was in his carrier earlier but I found him outside on his side.

I have no idea what to do with him as I can't afford to have him privately cremated. I had to insure my car today and had to do it monthly as I am up to my overdraft limit on all my accounts. I bought a new bottle of vetergesic today and it is unopened so I am hoping the vet will let me take that back and put it towards the cremation.

I am worried if I 'phone tomorrow and ask to take Furby in they will charge me out of hours fee which is horrendous. They live in the flat above the surgery so won't have to travel anywhere. Their cremation service collect the animals on a Monday and I don't want Furby to have to wait over a week before being put to rest.

I don't know why he died. His snuffles were better but he did have head tilt. I'd run out of panacur too so he only had one tube and I was going to get another one on-line as it was cheaper.

I feel so guilty. Furby fought so hard to stay with us and I've let him down. Faye won't eat. I tried to give her a cuddle but she kept running away from me so I have left her. They were such a devoted couple she must be heartbroken.

I've cut a small piece of Furby's fur off so that one day when I have managed to sell my house and am out of debt I can have it put into a necklace or something.

When things like this happen it really brings home to me how alone I really am:(:(

Last edited:
oh no :cry: I am so so sorry, what a shock for you :cry: however, you did NOT let him down at all! you were so, so dedicated to him and tried your very best. Is there no other cremation services around? Could a friend drive you to another one, if it is open? Failing that would you bury him? This must be so hard for you to comprehend, my heart goes out to you.

Binky free Furby xxx

Last edited:
I am so very sorry Karen that Furby has gone to the bridge :cry:

You did not let him down one bit; You fought so hard for your precious boy and he knows how much you loved him.

Rest in peace Furby , Nose rubs to Faye xx

I am just wondering if it would be cheaper for me to take Furby to a crematorium myself but that would have to wait until Monday as they aren't open tomorrow. I have no idea if there is one near where I live but am going to google it. I am not working tomorrow or until the evening on Monday so I could go with him myself rather than paying the vet to arrange it.

Does anyone know if there is a good crematorium anywhere near Havant in Hampshire? I would say I could drive up to an hour but I am so tearful I am not sure I could manage that far.

Am going to take a couple of sleeping pills and hope they knock me out. I still have some diazepam left from my MRI scan too.

If Faye doesn't eat any of her supper I will have to syringe feed her tomorrow. I will bond her with Fran who is currently in my bedroom alone but will wait until she is ready.

I love my bunnies so much and they give me so much pleasure but the pain is overwhelming when they leave me:(:(

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss :cry: you did everything you could for him. binky free Furby. Sending hugs, wish there was something I could do to help :cry: xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember what it was like losing Harry and it's dreadful.

Please be careful taking tablets and things, stay safe youself.

Rest in peace Furby, you did absolutely everything you could xxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry, thinking of you. You did a wonderful job looking after Furby, sometimes it is just their time, it could have been something completely in-related that took him in the end, try not to blame yourself because you did all you could.

I took Poppy to a private cream and I think it was about £30 cheaper than the vets so worth looking into, I just googled and found one near me. I hope you manage to get some rest tonight.

Binky free & sleep tight little one.x.x.

Oh Karen I am so sorry :cry:
Please please let me know if there is anything I can do x

I think there is a crematorium in North Hampshire somewhere I will have a look for you.

Big hugs to you xxxx

Thank you all so much for your support.

I've googled crematoriums and read some of the sites but have just ended up very confused. Most of them don't give a price list and one that did was more expensive than the last cremation I had done via my vet.

I did find one that was reasonable but can't find it again now and have no idea how far it was from me. They weren't open on Sundays.

I think maybe I need to get some sleep but I really want to do the right thing by Furby and I hate the idea of him being put into a freezer. I haven't covered his head over yet - I did and then had to pull the towel back. He is in the lounge in his blankie which is wrapped in a towel and he is in a plastic box as I didn't have a cardboard one the right sort of size.

I wish I had checked on him now when he was in the carrier but I didn't want to keep picking him up as it always seemed to throw him off balance. He did look very peaceful.

I just want him back :(:(

Oh Karen :cry:

I am so so so sorry. I know what lengths you went to for your boy and you did not let him down in any way, shape or form. You fought for him and gave him every chance you possibly could, nothing you did caused this, he has been very poorly for a long time now. You say you are sorry he was alone... I understand how that hurts but he wasn't, he was with Faye and he was in his own home. I think that is what he would have wanted :(

If I can help in anyway please let me know.

I am working Monday, but if you find somewhere you want to take him I can drive you on Tuesday if that would help? Or if you need to get out of the house you are always welcome at mine. Xxx

Binky free beautiful Furby xxx

So very sorry :cry:
You fought so hard for him and gave him everything you had. He passed at home with his partner which for a bun is probably the best way.
Binky free Furby xx

It sounds like it was just 'his time'. You clearly worked so hard to keep him going. He was a lucky bun to know such love with you. Furby doesn't know now that he's in a box, or whether his head is covered or not. Now is the time to look after you and do what you have to do.

Thinking of you and appreciating how difficult it is dealing with your loss alone. RU are with you though, many here know your pain only too well.

Sleep tight Furby xx

I am so so sorry :cry: there really aren't any words that will take your pain away, but I totally know how you are feeling :cry: i took Honey to the crem myself, I'm really glad I did now. But I did have to leave her at the vets for the weekend as she died there on the Friday :cry: I hope you can find somewhere nearby that isn't too expensive :(
Massive hugs xxxxx

Back