• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to neutralise carpet, toys, furniture etc.

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
What are the best ways of neutralising carpets; plastic, wood, and fabric toys; and furniture (human bed; devan style, plus dresser and bedside table)?

carpets I'd steam clean if possible (or hire a rug doctor thing, they do pet friendly shampoos). If not I'd be tempted to dilute white vinegar and spritz the whole carpet, put some baking powder down and then hoover :)

Plastic toys, I'd stick in the bath. I use bleach or milton on all things for my pair but thats because of the EC not neutralising. White vinegar should work fine.

Wooden toys I threw away as I couldn't clean them properly and all fabric went in a hot wash :) as for furniture I'd wipe it down with vinegar solution :)

carpets I'd steam clean if possible (or hire a rug doctor thing, they do pet friendly shampoos). If not I'd be tempted to dilute white vinegar and spritz the whole carpet, put some baking powder down and then hoover :)

Plastic toys, I'd stick in the bath. I use bleach or milton on all things for my pair but thats because of the EC not neutralising. White vinegar should work fine.

Wooden toys I threw away as I couldn't clean them properly and all fabric went in a hot wash :) as for furniture I'd wipe it down with vinegar solution :)

Merci. We won't have time to steam clean the carpet, so I'll do the vinegar thing :) We've got one of those waterproof fabric tunnel things, do you reckon a spray with some vinegar and being wiped dry would do the trick?

Back