• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slimming World

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
I just joined the other day. :)

So far it's going ok, I think, I just wondered if anyone else on here is a member, and how they find it?

Also, if anyone has any healthy ideas of a lunch I can take to work with me. I'm a support worker, so I'm not always with kitchen access, so I can't really have anything that needs a microwave/kettle. And I'm quite fussy with veg, I love meat though. :lol:

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Im doing it at home with some old books, ive lost 7lb in 4 weeks.

I have to eat lunch in my car so I tend to have pasta and sauce which i make at breakfast time and then put loads of salad in, a big fat free yogurt and a piece of fruit. Having a 'green' day makes it so i can have egg/chips/beans for tea:D

I also do savoury rice with salad.

Tuna in spring water with spring onions a dollop of extra light mayo and salad if Im on a meat day which isnt often.

My hubbys doing it too but is a meat man so Monday has left over sunday dinner meat with salad, or tuna or boiled ham but always with salad or cold roasted veg done with frylight.

I think I'm on the Extra Easy option rather than the Green/Red days. :)

I'm really struggling with sauces. I love having some sauce with pasta or rice and I don't know any I can buy prepared that are low in syn value.

Shop bought pasta sauce is always high syn as far as I know but it's easy enough to make your own - I just use a jar of rustic passata and pep it up with some seasoning and herbs, of course if you go on the website you can get loads of recipes. You tube is helpful too, just search slimming world recipes or lunches.

For a packed lunch you could make a frittata or Spanish omelette, cous cous and roasted veg, a salad, Waldorf salad with apple, celery and a few grapes and a dressing made from fat free yogurt, use 2 slices of whole meal bread from a 400g loaf as a b choice and fill it with lean meat and lots f salad, make a syn free soup and take it in a flask, follow that with a slice of slimming world quiche or curry loaf and some salad. Pack some fruit and a fat free yogurt and you are away! A scan bran muffin would be filling and a great fibre boost too.

Back